Second Skin Audio

Wanna design me a box?

I have some ideas, but I don't really know shit. Sooo, if somebody would like to design me a box for me I would really appreciate it, and it's really simple. I am going to run 1 loaded BTL N2 12 off a Crescendo BC2000 in a 300M. Height is 14, W=38, and I'd like to keep it as shallow as possible. fi recommends 1.7 to 2.5cuft and mounting depth is 8.1" so I am thinking a depth of 15 would allow for displacements and leave enough room behind the sub. I'm not sure what to tune it at, I'd like some input on that as well. This will be daily use and the wood will be 1" MDF. Thanks.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

IF you're looking for more rigidity, you'll get more rigidity by using bracing than you will by increasing box wall thickness. It will help, but you will be adding thickness (weight) for much less benefit than you would initially think.

I'm no box designer, but this is something I've read several times.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

The size of the wood really wasn't an option, I got it from a Portuguese store that had nothing else. It is heavy as shit though, it was hell getting it into my house.

CARS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

I have some ideas, but I don't really know shit. Sooo, if somebody would like to design me a box for me I would really appreciate it, and it's really simple. I am going to run 1 loaded BTL N2 12 off a Crescendo BC2000 in a 300M. Height is 14, W=38, and I'd like to keep it as shallow as possible. fi recommends 1.7 to 2.5cuft and mounting depth is 8.1" so I am thinking a depth of 15 would allow for displacements and leave enough room behind the sub. I'm not sure what to tune it at, I'd like some input on that as well. This will be daily use and the wood will be 1" MDF. Thanks.

Hit up RAM-DESIGNS.com or 412CVX on the forums. I am sure there are a few others though. But 412 designed mine. And if you look on youtube RAM-DESIGNS does some badass boxes.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

no, i don't.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

no, i don't.

you don't! well I don't know what you don't do, but I agree with you, don't do that shit.

seriously though, fuck it, I'll do the box myself, but I would like a suggestion on what to tune to.

wow I just realized I've been drinking too long and you are just being a dick, but it's cool to be a dick. Don't help me, I don't give a fuck. Trial and error is more fun anyway.

Edited by Bship

CARS

Yeah man you're an aggressive drinker lol... Well go see what the tubing specs are and tune it to the lower end of that! Probably 30-35hz lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

no, i don't.

you don't! well I don't know what you don't do, but I agree with you, don't do that shit.

seriously though, fuck it, I'll do the box myself, but I would like a suggestion on what to tune to.

wow I just realized I've been drinking too long and you are just being a dick, but it's cool to be a dick. Don't help me, I don't give a fuck. Trial and error is more fun anyway.

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 2 cubes 32 hz, 16-18 port per cube.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress