Sonic Electronix

the black dust is from the belt slipping. it all rubber, no metal. so maybe your problem is that the belt has stretched a little and now its not putting enough pressure on that pulley, allowing it to slip. or it could also be a bad tensioner.

^^^this. also, what exactly are you reading with your voltmeter on the alternator?

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

sorry for the bump here guys

so i replaced the alternator and it was bad, i was reading 12.7 volts with the car on with the old one replaced it with my spare and getting 14.7 again. however i still have that loud almost grinding noise, and whats weird is it only started after disconnecting the alt from the battery. im still as stumped as before. and the noise gets worse when i put my foot on the gas. any guesses?

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

get your head under the hood and take a listen. see if you can pinpoint where its coming from.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what area of the motor does it seem like its coming from?

1969 Chevy Chevelle

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

i have stuck my head under that hood and for the life of me cannot figure it out. i thought it would be coming from the pulleys so when i put my head there, no distinguishable noise was coming from there. so i guess ill pull the alt belt off and see if that changes anything. could maybe be tensioner? this car is way more work than its worth, i get new problems weekly.

it could be a bad tensioner or simply a worn out belt if it persists with both alts, i would check the belt thoroughly and go from there

1969 Chevy Chevelle

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

alright so i checked the pulley systems, taking the belts off to rule them out, and as i thought they arent the cause of the noise. at first i couldnt really pinpoint it but now i think i can deduce the sound is coming from the right side of the engine which is the transmission becasue this is a front wheel drive car. its a 1992 plymouth sundance btw. so ill do more testing

Sorry if its been mentioned before, but did you have the car in park and hear the grinding noise? If it doesnt do it in park but when you drive around it is something with your wheels or transmission. Also, for the grinding sound, does it sound like metal grinding against eachother (like grinding gears) or like plastic popping?

I had this before but it was just my alt i got and i put the stock back on and it worked quietly and to this day idk wtf was up with that alt but matt at mechman fixed me up :D

Have you tried to take the belt off and rotate all the pulleys to see if there is any noise or wobbling effect on any of them? If it makes noise or wobbles when you pull on it, then it has a worn out bearing.

And as a final thing to check out, try to take your car and put it in neutral and push it a little bit and see if it makes the scraping noise you hear.

Let me know what you find

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

nevermind guys my car gave out today its done, time to get rid of it and insure the camaro for the summer

that sucks. hope it wasnt those guy's "disconnect the battery" advice that killed it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived