Second Skin Audio

Alpha Damp - The Worlds Strongest CLD!

Sounds like its coming out about the same time I'll need another 200sf ;)

Is this for personal use or are you trafficking? :D

deffinetly want some! i bought some " wires " deadener from a local shop, paid like.. 110$ for 18sq ft lol gonna use it on doors and roof, this alpha stuff would work perfect for my back wall under my window, flexing and vibrating like crazy!

Are you talking about Streetwires ZeroNoise NoiseKiller stuff?

I should have some of that in hand by the end of the week. Been meaning to get some for a while, just been lazy.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

More like new choice of Interior material :D

http://secondskinaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6061

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Ah nice!

I remember that thread... been a while since you posted. :lol:

usa_render4.png

John what is the difference between this and damplifier pro i currently buy?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

deffinetly want some! i bought some " wires " deadener from a local shop, paid like.. 110$ for 18sq ft lol gonna use it on doors and roof, this alpha stuff would work perfect for my back wall under my window, flexing and vibrating like crazy!

Are you talking about Streetwires ZeroNoise NoiseKiller stuff?

I should have some of that in hand by the end of the week. Been meaning to get some for a while, just been lazy.

tell me what you think when you do get it. we got a sample kit at the shop and it looks like good stuff. not worth converting from second skin but still good product

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Bill, nice thread. How much deadener did you use? Im needing to do my whole civic and was wondering how many layers you needed to use? Or should I do just one full layer of alpha tiles? :clapping:

Hey jon, question for you. I have a decent amount of SS used, but I want as deadened as I can get as well as blocking out as much external noise as I can. What kind of 'layering' do I need. I've seen your post on how much you have in your truck from DIYMA, but was curious what you suggest. Between the damp pro/alpha tiles, then just LL pro? Or do I also need overkill? Educate meh! PM me if you have to. :popcorn:

spectrum on the underside damp pro or alpha on the inside with a top layer of LLP and possible overkill/overkill pro in between if you can fit it

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

John what is the difference between this and damplifier pro i currently buy?

Alpha Damp has a reformulated butyl adhesive. It's supposedly more dense and provides a stronger bond. Combined with a thicker and stronger high tempered foil, you have a CLD that should out perform any of the competing products out there, all with less coverage and product. Huge time and money saver.

tell me what you think when you do get it. we got a sample kit at the shop and it looks like good stuff. not worth converting from second skin but still good product

Will do emp. I have sixteen different products in my room right now (more on the way too).

Out of them there are only four I would personally use, five if I was desperate.

Hey jon, question for you. I have a decent amount of SS used, but I want as deadened as I can get as well as blocking out as much external noise as I can. What kind of 'layering' do I need. I've seen your post on how much you have in your truck from DIYMA, but was curious what you suggest. Between the damp pro/alpha tiles, then just LL pro? Or do I also need overkill? Educate meh! PM me if you have to. :popcorn:

Yeah I'll shoot ya a PM in the morning. Too tired right now (been a LONG day).

spectrum on the underside damp pro or alpha on the inside with a top layer of LLP and possible overkill/overkill pro in between if you can fit it

That works too. ;)

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

usa_render4.png

Supposedly??

I use damp pro now in my shop.

So either this is denser or it isnt.

Your the manu, whats the selling point?

Supposedly doesnt cut it for my customers.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I'm sorry I should rephrase that.

It IS denser and supposedly has a stronger bonding strength then Damplifier and Damplifier Pro. I really need to quit replying to threads when I'm this tired.

I don't think the bonding strength of Damplifier or Damplifier Pro has ever been an issue or complaint people had.

The selling point is that you will use less product to achieve better results. This will save you time, effort, and money. When you're looking at $140 retail to do an entire vehicle, doesn't that sound awesome?

usa_render4.png