Sonic Electronix

hey guys, ive got a 2005 dodge dakota, and i recently put in my new BTL 18 n2, and, all i can hear is my dome light slapping my roof, but i go outside and my roof isnt flexing much, its mostly my interior lining thats slapping against the roof. anyone know of an easy fix for this? i would think this is a fairly common problem on most trucks/suv's.

thanks!

Go to the nearest home improvement store and get some window sealant strips (its foam with an adhesive backing that you can stick to crap) and just put it around the lights. Also it may not be the lights but instead the support brackets that go from side to side on your roof as bracing. They are only held in with tack welds and snap with bass easily so guys mostly put some damp pro over it to hold them up.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

On a side note, our roofs are strong as hell ha Curt? I've had all kinds of door flex, window flex and the like, but my roof never moves at all lol...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

You can also use expanding foam between th roof and the support brackets as well.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

On a side note, our roofs are strong as hell ha Curt? I've had all kinds of door flex, window flex and the like, but my roof never moves at all lol...

haha yeah its true, the roof itself is really solid, but the doors are another story, and dont even get me started on the back wall lol, there is no amount of sound deading i could put on that to stop the flex.

I know for sure its the dome light though, and not the metal crossmembers, because all i have to do is push up on the dome light with one finger and it stops vibrating and i can tell the sound is coming directly from the dome light.

on a side note, how much of a pain is it to take out the headliners in a dodge dakota? ive never taken one out in any vehicle, but it just seems like its a real pain just thinking about it, well not the taking it out part, but the puting it back in part.

Edited by curtdakota

Yes, the back wall flex is crazy. I had no deadener, but all trim panels on and the back wall still jumped out 2 inches or so when i played some decaf. IDK how hard it is to remove the headliner though. Should've pulled mine out and deadened it before i started my wall build, but I couldn't afford deadener at the time and now I cant get the headliner off... Oh well, Ill take a dremel to it if its too bad and atleast be able to deaden the front half.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

It's not too much trouble, at least in my '00 it's not. And man, I know what you mean about the back wall. It flexes like no other lol... Previous systems flexing my truck has broken my drivers door and glovebox. Neither open now :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

It's not too much trouble, at least in my '00 it's not. And man, I know what you mean about the back wall. It flexes like no other lol... Previous systems flexing my truck has broken my drivers door and glovebox. Neither open now :P

You've never removed the headliner... OR taken any panels off...

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh: