Fiberglass noob

I was wondering what you use and where i can get it?(the best stuff ofcource).. lol ive gone over a couple builds/videos and would like to try it out.

Thanks! :drinks:

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you wanting to do? You need fiberglassing resin which can be found at most hardware stores such as lowes and home depot. Then you need fleece or a light stretchy fabric as the bass of the fiberglass. FYI, the thicker the fabric the more resin it will soak up. Then you'll need some fiberglass mat to add strength to wherever it needs it. You'll also need resin hardener to make the resin hard, and some sandpaper and bondo/bodyfiller with hardener to smooth it all down and fix imperfections.

use rage for body filler sands alot better and when u use fleece stretch it super tight it will come out better less body filler and a air t50 stapler or the electric ones they will be ur best friend saves alot of time

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

use rage for body filler sands alot better and when u use fleece stretch it super tight it will come out better less body filler and a air t50 stapler or the electric ones they will be ur best friend saves alot of time

My thing is I couldn't find rage gold anywhere which is why I said bondo. My local lowes didn't have it and I doubt bucheites would...I have no local home depot. They didn't have kitty hair either though. :shrug:

Also, any suggestions on electric staplers? I don't have a compressor ATM or I'd get an air.

Edited by tonedeaf

My thing is I couldn't find rage gold anywhere which is why I said bondo. My local lowes didn't have it and I doubt bucheites would...I have no local home depot. They didn't have kitty hair either though. :shrug:

Also, any suggestions on electric staplers? I don't have a compressor ATM or I'd get an air.

you should be able to find rage at your automotive paint store if you have one in your town.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

dual alts

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

Get fg resin and matt from us composites .com

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Bp440 resin

1 1/2 oz matt

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

you should be able to find rage at your automotive paint store if you have one in your town.

if you cant find rage locally order it online u wont regret it lol and some plastik honey My link its a body filler thinner helps alot when u jus gotta do light coats and 1 pint last forever

Edited by 89boxchevy

dual alts

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

What is wrong with the resin from home depot? Or better yet, what makes a resin good or bad? I used to the stuff from home depot (3M or Bondo can't remember now) and it seems to have worked fine.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69