Looking to buy an SRT-4, i found one i like a lot, but the check engine light is on. Owner says it is because he is running without a catalytic converter. I know that part to be true, but doesn't that also mean his air/fuel ratio will be completely off? with false O2 sensor readings? How might performance/gas mileage be affected when running with no cat, and no tune for it?

Looking to buy an SRT-4, i found one i like a lot, but the check engine light is on. Owner says it is because he is running without a catalytic converter. I know that part to be true, but doesn't that also mean his air/fuel ratio will be completely off? with false O2 sensor readings? How might performance/gas mileage be affected when running with no cat, and no tune for it?

I would presume that your miles per gallon would decrease.

Edited by Kevin

your air/fuel mix would be as rich as the computer will allow it to be. the air/fuel mix being extremely rich wont affect performance, it will just kill gas mileage.

if you want to turn the CEL off follow this here tutorial. it might take a trip th the local radio shack for the supplies, but it does work. after you install the bypass go down to advance auto parts, and have them clear the codes on your car. im not sure if that will solve the gas mileage problem or not tho. best of luck to ya.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

im an owner of an 05 orange blast srt man any questions you can pm me and ill help you out, but as far as the CEL being on, you can cycle the key on and off 3 times and it will display the code in the Odometer display, write those codes down and reference them from srtforums.com those guys in there are WICKED helpful and can answer any question you may have as well...but if he has a Stage 1 PCM, it will automatically dumb out the downstream O2 sensor, although it still needs to be hooked up due to the computer needing to see the resisance from the Sensor, im running a full 3" Modern Performance Side Exit Exhaust with no cat and i have no CELs..so its possible the code may be from something else if hes got a Stage 1 PCM, but who knows its hard to find a well taken care of Srt nowadays.

But any other questions, PM me and ill help you out

ill post a pic of my car so you can view it...

*I Didnt have the MPx Side Exit in this pic*

car1.jpg

Edited by The Orange Goober

^^^ I second the statement that every damn kid drives these cars like theyre going out of style, idk alot of those kids just ruin the rep of the car, i love my car and drive it respectfully, its not crazy fast but it holds its own(big turbo on the way) but thats the main reason people talk shit about the Srt4 is because of the reputation it has set out via other drivers being douche canoes in them...oh well haha theres always a bigger badass!

All in all its still a neon :) hahaha

Edited by The Orange Goober

I totally agree with you. I've seen sone well modded ones that would give mustang a run for it's money. It IS sad that they get a bad rep from some of the few tools that drive them. I appreciate speed in any form(prefer 8 cylinders) and REALLY respect a car with less than half the cubic inches being able to spank a sportscar. Sportscar=2 doors

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

your air/fuel mix would be as rich as the computer will allow it to be. the air/fuel mix being extremely rich wont affect performance, it will just kill gas mileage.

if you want to turn the CEL off follow this here tutorial. it might take a trip th the local radio shack for the supplies, but it does work. after you install the bypass go down to advance auto parts, and have them clear the codes on your car. im not sure if that will solve the gas mileage problem or not tho. best of luck to ya.

that couldnt be further from the truth..

running rich will cause it to run like a pig..

running super rich can wash the cylinder walls down and cause excessive wear. and if your rich enough to do that. and you keep driving then your gonna wash out the bearings on the lower end and knock knock knock.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...