low idle rpm on chevy suburban

Stock idle is 600.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

are you worried that this is a mechanical issue or system related? and if stock idle is 600rpm i would try to keep it there IMO, why do you want it higher? how is the truck running otherwise?

are you worried that this is a mechanical issue or system related? and if stock idle is 600rpm i would try to keep it there IMO, why do you want it higher? how is the truck running otherwise?

well its running great just that rpm idle is on 500 or less plus higher rpm = higher voltage

They have a set screw on them that is not really made to be an idle set - it is just a stop, but you can replace the screw with a longer one an use it as a manual idle set. That is what I did in my suburban.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

i have a 2003 chevy suburban and it idles at 500 or less . is this normal and voltage is around low 13's high 12's but once i put the rpm at 1000 and up i charge at 14 to 14.5 my question is doi need a new alt or a new pulley, is this normal?

crazy my truck did same thing this morning.03 silverado .called my brother this morning said clean the throttle body plates.may have build up.and if your careful clean the mass airflow sensor.havnt tried mine yet will after work.