IMG041.jpgIMG039.jpgIMG038.jpgHello i am new name is Jason.I thought i would share my build....lol i know the equipment isnt up to your alls standers but it sounds good....sorry about no pics i still havent figured out how to upload them to this forum...lmao

I am open to advise it has been about ten years sence my last build.the equipment is all boss audio the subs are 15'' 156 4 ohm dvc phantoms, the amp is a boss phantom ph5000d... specs from boss says that the subs rms is 1250w each and peak is 2500w. Amp spec sheet says it is 5000w @ 1 ohms...i am sure these specs are over rated but still like to show off the work...all wiring is 4 gauge i am also using a boss 18f capsator... no trouble with the lights dimming anymore..lol got that fixed...going to hook a clamp to the amp to see what kind of power it is producing i am sure that the specs are off would love to know how far off they are...lmao let me know what u think

Edited by bigbadwolfstreetcustoms

Um... Since you asked to let you know what we think... Your using shit equipment :)

But if the actual build is clean, it's all good. Get pics up soon, it's easy. Upload to Photobucket, then copy image code and paste. Simple as that.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Hello i am new name is Jason.I thought i would share my build....lol i know the equipment isnt up to your alls standers but it sounds good....sorry about no pics i still havent figured out how to upload them to this forum...lmao

I am open to advise it has been about ten years sence my last build.the equipment is all boss audio the subs are 15'' 156 4 ohm dvc phantoms, the amp is a boss phantom ph5000d... specs from boss says that the subs rms is 1250w each and peak is 2500w. Amp spec sheet says it is 5000w @ 1 ohms...i am sure these specs are over rated but still like to show off the work...all wiring is 4 gauge i am also using a boss 18f capsator... no trouble with the lights dimming anymore..lol got that fixed...going to hook a clamp to the amp to see what kind of power it is producing i am sure that the specs are off would love to know how far off they are...lmao let me know what u think

where are the pics, lets see. i don't think any of bosses products are cea compliant , i used to have a single boss l12 , the best sub boss makes and it hit hard but was no comparison to even my type r's i have now. I would slowly upgrade to better equipment as i will be doing in the near future, stay away from boss, legacys, lanzar, power acoustik etc. look into brands like sundown, dc audio, american bass, fi and so on.

1996 mustang gt

• cobra bumper
  • cowl hood
  • c-spring lowered
  • msd ignition, frpp wires , ngks
  • 2 chamber flowbasterds

Sound system

• Pioneer headunit
  • clarion eqs746
  • polk audio mm571's 5x7's
  • polk audio mm691 6x9's
  • planet auido bb150.4 for highs mids
  • stock mach 460 mids and walmart silk dome tweets
  • planet audio bb2400.1
  • 2x 1242 d4 alpine type r's
  • 3.5 cu enclosure tuned to 32 hz
  • all knu concepts & tsunami 1/0 ofc amp runs and monster powerflex big three ofc runs.
  • 2xkinetik khc600 batts in parallel.

show us some pics! boss is really shitty but id consider it a higher end shit. also as most people here will tell you get rid of the capacitor. use the search and you will find a bunch of reasons why they do more harm than good. im also interested to see what the boss amp clamps at

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Um... Since you asked to let you know what we think... Your using shit equipment :)

But if the actual build is clean, it's all good. Get pics up soon, it's easy. Upload to Photobucket, then copy image code and paste. Simple as that.

i knew i was going to caught heat about the manufacture of my audio equipment..but then my equipment cost me only $500.00...lmao and i have massive sound coming out ot it will go to the pack and do a video of it.....

the cap was for good measure didnt have head light dimming...but wanted to make sure....the alt is 150 amp... ty for the advise for now i am running 4 gauge wire in the whole system but have the battery terminals for the 0gauge...lookn for 20ft spool to replace the wiring...lmao i do have a memphis 1100.1 d amp as a stand by but could pass up an amp that says it was 5000w for 199.99 new the memphis i have cost me 450 new big differents in price and i am happy if the boss amp is only doing 2500 rms @ 1 ohm... and yes the boss stuff is low end but so far they do sound good i dont have the amp turned up and i am on my second set of subs got a bad pair right off the bat...imagine that! but the second set are holden up to a quarter turn on the gain! and it shakes everything

Edited by bigbadwolfstreetcustoms

the cap was for good measure didnt have head light dimming...but wanted to make sure....the alt is 150 amp... ty for the advise for now i am running 4 gauge wire in the whole system but have the battery terminals for the 0gauge...lookn for 20ft spool to replace the wiring...lmao i do have a memphis 1100.1 d amp as a stand by but could pass up an amp that says it was 5000w for 199.99 new the memphis i have cost me 450 new big differents in price and i am happy if the boss amp is only doing 2500 rms @ 1 ohm... and yes the boss stuff is low end but so far they do sound good i dont have the amp turned up and i am on my second set of subs got a bad pair right off the bat...imagine that! but the second set are holden up to a quarter turn on the gain! and it shakes everything

There is a reason the price was so different in those amplifiers. You'll be lucky to see 750w out of that Boss amplifier you are currently using. Switch it out with that Memphis amp, see how much difference there is.

Where's the pictures? And also, box specs please :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

boss phantom ph5000d

peak power at 4 ohm 1800X1

@ 2ohms 3500w x 1

@ 1 ohm 5000wx1

min speaker impendance is 1ohm mono

input impendance 10k ohm

input sensitivity selectable 100mv-2v or 2v-8v

frequency responce 40hz-150hz

signal to noise ratio 100dB

crossover/filter range

low pass 50hz-40hz

subsonic 15hz-40hz