Sonic Electronix

they put that rating on there as a sales tactic and the amp will produce that power on a non reactive ohm resistor and and like 15 volts even if it does it for 1 second with a clipped ass square wave the amp did do that power and they can then advertise it

what this man said

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

Rockfords power line and Jl slash line rate rms like the companies you listed not all mainstream stuff is rated by max.

Okay, this isn't an arugument topic where people fuss about which lines list RMS and Peak...we don't care which companies do and don't. The OP just wanted to know why the companies that do advertise Peak actually do so.

Sorry then to market and make more money.

i call it frizzle power. how much power the amp does for 1 second before it bursts into flames.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i dont really get what youre saying. the 1800 on your rockford amp probably means 1800w peak. my friend has an mtx amp that 600 rms 1800 peak. go off the rms rating when choosing an amp and if its not cea compliant then its probably overrated

Not true. It just means the company didn't pay to have the CEA certification. There are still many good amps that will do rated that aren't CEA certified. AQ and Crescendo are two brands off the top of my head.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

^^^bingo. more mainstream brands tend to get the CEA certification. but just cuz it doesn't have it, doesn't mean it doesn't put out it's rated power. sundown, DC, IA, SD, etc all have been proven to produce their power. that's when research and more research comes into play. i prefer to buy an amp that impresses me in real case scenarios/installs rather than what's on paper

Wow I didn't expect such a reaction to my useless thread haha. Yeah I guess I already knew the answer, but here's where the BS power ratings really get me.

Guy: How many watts are you running?

Me: Ehh, about 1000w total.

Guy: Oh, well I guess that's good. I'm running 2500w.

Me: What equipment?

Guy: Sony Xplod.

Okay, when I said I was running 1000w, that was RMS. NOT THE MAX RATING ON THE FRONT OF THE AMP. If that were the case, I would have a 2280w system. And I bet my system not only sounds 10x cleaner quality wise, but also is 10x louder.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz