Second Skin Audio

How does this box look/ suggestions

ok so im building a new box for my 2 12" t200 subs and was wondering if this looks like an ok box design, the two aero ports will be in the center with subs on each side, and let me know if i need to do anything different with the ports if they are aero ports. thanks

newboxdesign.png

is that enough port area ?? the only other configuration i came up with for more port area was 5x 2" aeros giving 15sq/inch port and you think i would need bracing for 2 12" t200s ?? using birch if that helps ?

I think two 3" aeros is going to be good. As for bracing, it won't need much. You may be fine. You might consider adding like a couple dowels between the aero ports and the subs on each side because the top and bottom pieces are a little big to not be braced at all. Other than that everything looks perfect

Oh my mistake, you may not have enough port. You may need to go with the 5 2" aero ports or even a center slot port

Edited by DRauck

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

3 3" aeros is 21.20 in² seems high and i cant get the tuning down to what i want without going external ports :-/ and you think i will need bracing going up and down connecting the top and bottom or baffle and back ??

i was thinking 5 2" aeros giving me 15in/sq ports

Edited by michigancapri92

I cannot see how the design because I'm on mobile. How much port area do you have?

He's got 3 cubes with two 3" aeros (14sq.in) at 32hz. Port area needs to be at least 25sq in. or so

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

i have 14.13 in/sq port 3.02ft/sq volume after woofer/port displacement sunded to 32.29hz box is 14"tall 14.75 inch deep 37.25 wide with double baffle

ive been told 14-17 in/sq was decent port area

Edited by michigancapri92

i have 14.13 in/sq port 3.02ft/sq volume after woofer/port displacement sunded to 32.29hz box is 14"tall 14.75 inch deep 37.25 wide with double baffle

ive been told 14-17 in/sq was decent port area

Whoever said that meant 14-17sq in PER cube, but that is for a slot port.

You can get away with like 8-11sq in PER cube with aero ports. You have 3 cubes, so you need 24-33sq in of port. Understand?

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log