Sonic Electronix

Did you read anything else? TURN THE BASS BOOST DOWN.

i already has. i cant test it out right now unless i wont to wake my neighbors but hopefully all this wonderful advice will work.

It will work well. You may want to read up on tuning in the amp and not clipping.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

You can't really read up on tuning the amp..

OP, I would get in line to buy the SMD DD-1. Seriously worth $140.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

it wont protect unless i run it for more than an hour but even if it doesn't protect it smell like its burning and i recently burnt myself by leaning up against it.

1. Your most likely clipping....

2. Your most likely clipping....

3. Turn your bass boost down....

4. Dont Clip at your headunit

5. Buy Distortion Detector from wcCaraudio.com

6. tune gains properly...

7. Its FUCKING HOT OUTSIDE NO SHIT AN AMP WILL BE HOT SO IS EVERYONE ELSES..

8. Run AC in car

9. ALways leave car on when bumping

Is your attitude really necessary? This guy is just asking for advice to help troubleshoot a problem with his amp. He was nice, polite, and respectful. Its not like you know everything that there is to know about car audio anyways (and I don't either). So if you would please, go easy on the attitude.

OP, what size power and ground wire are you using? Where'd you ground your amp to? Yeah the bass boost isn't a good idea...but half gain and half BB really shouldn't be causing the amp to overheat. Do you have a DMM? It probably wouldn't hurt to measure your final ohm load. Good luck bro...let us know if you need any more help.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

You can't really read up on tuning the amp..

OP, I would get in line to buy the SMD DD-1. Seriously worth $140.

I meant tuning amps in general.

And yes the dd1 would help. Op you could also look for a decent cheap used o- scope

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Try no bass boost and turn gain to about 1 o'clock. Kinda from the hip shot but should work out. I'm gonna look at what subs you have but if they are dual 4ohm in parallel that would be 1ohm at amp.

You obviously didn't read. He has a SINGLE d4 ohm 15

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

it wont protect unless i run it for more than an hour but even if it doesn't protect it smell like its burning and i recently burnt myself by leaning up against it.

1. Your most likely clipping....

2. Your most likely clipping....

3. Turn your bass boost down....

4. Dont Clip at your headunit

5. Buy Distortion Detector from wcCaraudio.com

6. tune gains properly...

7. Its FUCKING HOT OUTSIDE NO SHIT AN AMP WILL BE HOT SO IS EVERYONE ELSES..

8. Run AC in car

9. ALways leave car on when bumping

Is your attitude really necessary? This guy is just asking for advice to help troubleshoot a problem with his amp. He was nice, polite, and respectful. Its not like you know everything that there is to know about car audio anyways (and I don't either). So if you would please, go easy on the attitude.

OP, what size power and ground wire are you using? Where'd you ground your amp to? Yeah the bass boost isn't a good idea...but half gain and half BB really shouldn't be causing the amp to overheat. Do you have a DMM? It probably wouldn't hurt to measure your final ohm load. Good luck bro...let us know if you need any more help.

thank god someone finally isn't hating. i am running 6 awg monster cable and it is grounded to the side of the trunk. final ohm load just tested is like 1.9ish.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

Try no bass boost and turn gain to about 1 o'clock. Kinda from the hip shot but should work out. I'm gonna look at what subs you have but if they are dual 4ohm in parallel that would be 1ohm at amp.

You obviously didn't read. He has a SINGLE d4 ohm 15

bolo1.jpg

:turkey:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Archived