69 chevelle system build BASS VIDEO PAGE 8

You got any pics of where the port is inside the car? And i've been meaning to ask whats under the hood of this thing?

yea, ill upload them real quick. its a 400 small block for now, i have a 496 big block being built thats going in over the winter :drink40:

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

You got any pics of where the port is inside the car? And i've been meaning to ask whats under the hood of this thing?

yea, ill upload them real quick. its a 400 small block for now, i have a 496 big block being built thats going in over the winter :drink40:

Nice, all motor? I edited my question, found the port picture.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

id love to see you get your peak up some. thats silly low. are you sure your ports are right?

positive. ive went over the numbers 3 times and had two other builders look them over as well, everyone comes to the conclusion its right. the box is right at 5cubes after displacements with what is essentially (2) 6x6 ports, each being ~26 long. comes out right about 34hz. part of the score being low is the windows arent trimmed around the top, they just seal to the upper door rubber seal along the headliner. doesnt make any sense to me, it sounds, and definitely feels much louder than what it scores

edit: this past sunday i put an old battery i had in the box to try and raise the tuning by lowering volume. the battery was right at .5 cubes, and the peak still didnt move from 31, so i guess it just is what it is unless i want to rip it all out and start over

It really just comes down to the acoustics of the car around the box. Part of the big problem is is that you have an entirely metal body with no internal deadning in the structure of the car(like the inside of hollow body work) with all the vibrations you have from the body(thou you may not really hear it) that affects the db level. if you was to get some sound deadner that would help your scores alot more plus will also help in the sound quality. I know you said you dont plan to do comps, but with a beautiful car that you have id be more intune to do sound quality. I nice stylish feature you could do is were the port comes up to the rear deck, get some wood, put a bunch of shallow cuts through it to help it bend and flare 2 edges. If you follow what im saying. make it look like the rear deck has a rolled looked into the box. that will help on SPL as well.

Good Luck

Three words... Fuck the meter (assuming you didn't plan on competing, but there is always dbdrag).

Honestly man you have a bad ass car and the system looks great. Your biggest mistake was getting that TL ;) I went through an entire rebuild and C-Walled my truck which wound up actually being 1db less (granted it's even louder now) simply because it changed the acoustics and I didn't seal the wall off. Anyone that heard it before and after will agree that I'm WAY louder than I was, but the TL isn't an ear. Leave it be, enjoy it, demo it, and if you want numbers you either need them up in the back sill or seal the trunk I guess. :pardon:

If I were you I would just enjoy it and start looking forward to that 500 in there :D

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Thanks for the advice and compliments guys, finally some good news... GOT A BASS VIDEO DONE LAST NIGHT :D... Will be uploading it when I get home this afternoon

1969 Chevy Chevelle

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

uploading the videos now!! heres a few photos i havent uploaded before. they all arent necessarily of the system, but it was all part of the build i did to turn this from junk to hunk!

SANY0576.jpg

SANY0578.jpg

SANY0579.jpg

SANY0589.jpg

1969 Chevy Chevelle

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils