Sundown Audio

AMP Recommendation for my Kicker 12" L7

FrikitonXplosion

That sub since it's the l7 it has dual coils so it can only be wired to eith 1ohm or 4ohm. So look at the ratings on amps for 1 or 4. Not 2. If you wanna go to 1ohm then make sure the amp is 1ohm stable

If the subwoofer is a D4ohm L7, it can be wired to 2 or 8ohm nominal. If it is D2, it can be wired to 1 or 4ohm nominal...

just wanted to post this so the OP can learn a bit.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

That sub since it's the l7 it has dual coils so it can only be wired to eith 1ohm or 4ohm. So look at the ratings on amps for 1 or 4. Not 2. If you wanna go to 1ohm then make sure the amp is 1ohm stable

If the subwoofer is a D4ohm L7, it can be wired to 2 or 8ohm nominal. If it is D2, it can be wired to 1 or 4ohm nominal...

Thanks because I was totally lost. I am going to verify with my model to make sure if its the 2-ohm or 4-ohm because the seller told me it was a D2

Cadillac STS 2006

Premium Factory Stereo

Bose 15 speakers 300watts

Factory Navigation

1) Kicker 11VS12L72 (Dual 4ohm wired = final 2 ohm)

1) AMP: Pending

Hello everyone, new here and new to the car audio.

I have a Cadillac STS with Premium Stereo (15 Speakers + 300watts amp Bose all factory) had a guy work on the car so I can be able to add an amp + sub.

I bought a Kicker VS12L7 today 2-ohm and would like some amp recommendations for it. The cheaper the better since I'm on a budget :(

I can look up most amps in bestbuy and ask my friend how much he can get it for me with his discount.

Do I need an amp that throws 750RMS like the sub or more or less ?

Thanks

an amp thats rated at 1000rms at 1ohm will still be fine(but dont clip it, just clean power). look in the classifieds for good deals on the amps.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Thanks because I was totally lost. I am going to verify with my model to make sure if its the 2-ohm or 4-ohm because the seller told me it was a D2

the best way to find out what impedance your sub's coils sets at is by a digital multimeter

or unless its engraved on the side of the basket

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

The kicker l7 which is a square sub is dual coils. You do have the square L7 12" correct? The options are if you got the dual 2 that means there's two coils and each coil is two ohms. It can be wired in parallel for a 1ohm load at the amp. Or series for a 4ohm load at the amp. Dual coils in an easy way to put it is like two subs in one.

WRONG. it has 2 coils in one. thats why its called a DUAL COIL, not 2 subs.

The kicker l7 which is a square sub is dual coils. You do have the square L7 12" correct? The options are if you got the dual 2 that means there's two coils and each coil is two ohms. It can be wired in parallel for a 1ohm load at the amp. Or series for a 4ohm load at the amp. Dual coils in an easy way to put it is like two subs in one.

NO I know what I'm talking about. I was putting it in a different term to help him understand

NO I know what I'm talking about. I was putting it in a different term to help him understand

Kicker VS12L7 12 Inch 750W Solo Baric L7 Single Subwoofer Box 2 Ohm [11VS12L72]

SKU: 11VS12L72-N

RMS Power Handling (Watts): 750

Peak Power Handling (Watts): 1500

Subwoofer Size: 12 Inch

Basket Material: Cast Aluminum

Cone Material: SoloKon

Frequency Response: 20-100 (Hz)

Hole Cutout Diameter: 11-1/16"

Impedance: Dual 2 Ohm

Mounting Depth: 6-11/16"

Recommended Ported Box Cubic FT: 1.75 - 3.25 (CU. FT)

Recommended Sealed Box Cubic FT: .88 - 2.0 (CU. FT)

Sensitivity (dB): 88.6

Surround Material: Santoprene Rubber

Final Impedance: 2 Ohms

Width: 18-3/4"

Height: 16"

Depth One: 18"

Depth Two: 14-11/16"

So it says Dual 2 ohm but then final impedance is 2ohm

I thought that meant thats the type of amp I should get?

Cadillac STS 2006

Premium Factory Stereo

Bose 15 speakers 300watts

Factory Navigation

1) Kicker 11VS12L72 (Dual 4ohm wired = final 2 ohm)

1) AMP: Pending

LOL I replied to you on the Cadillac Forums, what a coincidence

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived