Beginner: Where to start?

no im pretty sure it was .75, all i remember is pictures of the box in his kitchen and scissors with half assed marks of a circle on the mdf lol dont know if anyone else remembers it...

cheap jigsaw would be under $30 if that

I HAVE seen ppl used weird contraptions tho, someone one here cut holes for his subs using scissors :rofl: he said "it took forever"

It'd probably be easier to just drill a ton of holes all the way around and then karate chop it out :rofl:

Do i get bonus points if I karate chop a double baffle? i mean.... it is 2". I will do some research into it.... Ill probs just get a router then get creative to make a circle. Is there a quality aspect to a router I need to be aware of? I am assuming that if I go cheap it will probs break?

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

is there a harbor freight near you?

they have one that will do the job, not the best but for like $26 cant beat it

Robert used one to cut the holes for my subs

buy the jasper perfect circle guide first. then test fit any of the plunge routers you see that will fit to the jasper. i got one from harbor freight for like $60ish bucks

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

If you don't have a jig to make a circle with a router I would suggest getting a jigsaw, if you don't have much experience with wood working or power tools a router can be a lot to handle. Just my 2c

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

If you dont want to buy any power tools, what about asking someone here in your area if they can give you a hand in building a box and use there tools. They may want you to cash them out, even for the tools but you dont have to buy them. Or i just looked at the rental catalog for my local rental spot ( lewis rents ) and they rent jigsaws. So you can rent the tool from a place like that so you dont have to buy the tools. This place rents out a ton of different things from enclosed trucks, regualr trucks, tools, large bbq's, etc.....

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

If you don't have a jig to make a circle with a router I would suggest getting a jigsaw, if you don't have much experience with wood working or power tools a router can be a lot to handle. Just my 2c

My wood working experience is very, very limited and had no problem with my router, even with it being fixed based. :shrug:

Was buying a router a good investment? Likely not.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert