Sonic Electronix

Gain all the way up?? Lol

like chevy boy says, clipping can cause a shit ton of heat and actually change your voice coil impedence if I'm not mistaken.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Gain all the way up?? Lol

like chevy boy says, clipping can cause a shit ton of heat and actually change your voice coil impedence if I'm not mistaken.

yep

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Your gain is meant to match the output voltage of your headunit. On some amps, you will see on the gain it has 9v on the left, and ussually 1v or .5v on the right. If your HU has a preout voltage of 2v, which is the most common, then you will have your gain set closer to the top. But, if you have an expensive HU with say, 9v preouts, then you will barely have to turn the gain up to reach full output of he amp. If your gain is all the way up, then your amp has an input sensitivity of .5v, and your HU is most likely putting out 2v or 4v...which is bad. This will cause clipping like hell, which is bad bad bad for the woofer!

mivtCK.png

If your gain was all the way up I think it's impossible that you wouldn't be clipping, not to mention your head unit can clip too, so depending on your HU's volume you could have probably caused a fire up in that bitch with all that clipping!

And gain is what you just said, input sensitivity, it's not the volume knob. Just cause your sub can take a good 3k doesn't mean you can just turn your gain up all the way and let it rip man. where the gain will he set depends on the voltage that you HU is sending it....

My question is how the hell do you know about dc subs, monoblock amps, clipping, how to wire them bitches, but you don't know what the gain knob does??you gotta study a bit more man

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Ok then what exactly does the input sensitivity or gain do? I'll turn it down and see if i get some better results. I did notice the amp running really hot though so i don't doubt that it was clipping.

Vids and Pics help out ALOT! Take vids of what the sub is doing, and take pics of what your gains and shit are set at. We will try to help you the best we can...as long as youre not an asshole and tell people on here they are wrong in what we are telling you.

mivtCK.png

My question is how the hell do you know about dc subs, monoblock amps, clipping, how to wire them bitches, but you don't know what the gain knob does??you gotta study a bit more man

^^^I was thinkin the same shit! I guess its not hard to surf forums, learn half of the shit you should, and throw it with the other half that you think you know.

mivtCK.png

BTW, you can learn ALOT by searching around on the internet yourself. This Site is a great place to start for learning car audio technicals. Just look around a bit, and if you have a question, we can show you where to find the answer, or help you if its not there. Most everyone on the forums knows that site already. BTW, so you guys don't have to click it, its BCAE1.com

mivtCK.png

^^^I was thinkin the same shit! I guess its not hard to surf forums, learn half of the shit you should, and throw it with the other half that you think you know.

Yeah I guess, but it's really hard to miss all the gain talk in the forums, especially with the DD-1 about to launch and all that! It just surprises me I guess

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D