MacBook pro is the best laptop. Had mine for few months now and not a single issue with it. Our friend owned MacBook for many years and loved it, rarely any problems. And stay away from Dell, it's freaking garbage.

I'd go with an MacBook Pro but I need a PC for the tasks I'm doing.

99% of the work I do is on my iMac though. ;)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

i got an acer aspire timelinex a few months ago and im loving it. it has an I5 processor and cost me about $630. the battery lasts about 6 hours depending on what im doing. thats more of a guess because i dont actually run the battery until its dead. i recharge it by 50%. wifi connects the second i open it and ive never lost connection. my old dell took several min. to connect and would drop signal every so often.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Your inquiry into Sony has led me to find this laptop from Sony. It is the only Vaio that has a 17" screen and it appears to have decent specs but it is an i5 not i7 but the new processors have excellent reviews so you should still be good to go.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Your inquiry into Sony has led me to find this laptop from Sony. It is the only Vaio that has a 17" screen and it appears to have decent specs but it is an i5 not i7 but the new processors have excellent reviews so you should still be good to go.

$850 for that with good specs, not even the 'best' that they have to offer. That's kinda pricy.

as much as i like all the options the one computer company that i love and would gurentee my life on is ASUS !! i have built many gaming computers, office computers and the mother boards i use are ASUS they are a great computer with wonderful chipsets IMO

here are 5 really good laptops that will last you a very long time ranging in price and options that could best suite you!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230103

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220868

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220957

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230070

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230027

i have had nothing but good come from ASUS posting this thread on my ASUS EEPC net book and i love it !! and the one good thing i like about ASUS is that they are not a "MAINSTREAM" company and being that second skin is not "MAINSTREAM" like dynamat you know that all the money you are going to put into the laptop goes towards the product itself and not the name you put onto it!

Edited by michigancapri92

$850 for that with good specs, not even the 'best' that they have to offer. That's kinda pricy.

Ya I didnt say I liked it lol, it was just eh only one with a larger screen and to Jon I was throwing that sony out there, not really recommending it.

You can install windows on iMac.

I thought that doing that would make the computer glitchy and stuff?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Ya I didnt say I liked it lol, it was just eh only one with a larger screen and to Jon I was throwing that sony out there, not really recommending it.

You can install windows on iMac.

I thought that doing that would make the computer glitchy and stuff?

not if you do it right with the right operating systems !

The tasks that I will be doing with the laptop will be in Windows, so why pay the premium for a Mac?

My shop PC I have a ton of Asus parts on/in it, as well as the monitor. Been quite pleased with their products.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png