What upgrades will i need?

Hello, i am planning a new setup for my 2006 mazda 6 5door(basically a hatchback). The sub amp combo i plan on getting is (2) Obsidian 12" D4 subs running off an AQ 2200. Currently i have zero electrical upgrades but i have a basic understanding of what ill need. I have a limited budget however.. big 3, batt in back, maybe new batt up front, 0awg wire fro whole install if needed. But can u guys give me a small list of the basic things ill need like which size batteries and if i even need to upgrade the stock one up front. Thanks in advance

Big 3, biggest XS Power battery you can fit under the hood (D3400+) and a small XS battery in the rear. All wiring in 0gauge...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Since it's a hatchback you want a sealed battery in the back, but if you go with an AGM back there that means your factory battery will drain the AGM regularly because the stock bat will want to sit around 12.4-12.6 as to where the new bat wants 12.9-13.1.

You would be better off either going with one good battery up front (which should be fine) or get 2, but you shouldn't need to if you can fit a bigger bat up front. XS has a power to batt graph in their section. As far as the size goes, you can look that up in your manual. It's going to be group 27, 24, 31, or the like. For XS the batteries go by group like 3400, 2700, 3100 (those are going up in size).

Most of the time this stuff comes down to try it and see. If your lights dim and stuff one battery isn't enough (assuming big 3 is correct). If they don't no worries.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Since it's a hatchback you want a sealed battery in the back, but if you go with an AGM back there that means your factory battery will drain the AGM regularly because the stock bat will want to sit around 12.4-12.6 as to where the new bat wants 12.9-13.1.

You would be better off either going with one good battery up front (which should be fine) or get 2, but you shouldn't need to if you can fit a bigger bat up front. XS has a power to batt graph in their section. As far as the size goes, you can look that up in your manual. It's going to be group 27, 24, 31, or the like. For XS the batteries go by group like 3400, 2700, 3100 (those are going up in size).

Most of the time this stuff comes down to try it and see. If your lights dim and stuff one battery isn't enough (assuming big 3 is correct). If they don't no worries.

Thank you this was helpful

Archived