I have a wild hair to slam my car instead of doing the modest 2" drop I was gonna do with lowering springs. Can I buy lowering springs that do bigger drops? I've been looking around and can't seem to find anything lower. Not worried about functionality and it is a 1998 Nissan 200sx if that helps.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Pshh if I had the money...maybe I'm making it sound a little lower than I want...I don't mean wheels tucking under the wheel wells and scraping on rocks in the street...I basically wanna get it within an inch gap between tire and fender. I definitely need some stiff ass springs to keep it from bottoming out though.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

u can git u another set of stock springs and cut them down to where u wanna drop it to thats bout the cheapest way to go

This normally results in blown struts. I would never recommend cutting springs...do it the right way. look into racing springs or get coilovers. Coilovers you can get a good set for around $600 that slip over your struts (you need new struts if you are still running stock struts) and you can change the height to whatever you want. My civic is lowered about 3" and the mud guards are about 3/4" off the ground using H&R race springs. I still wouldnt mind another half inch, but I scrape constantly and am tucking tire. Coilovers give you a great ride at the height you want and you can change it from spring and winter. Lowering springs you are stuck with one height.

u can git u another set of stock springs and cut them down to where u wanna drop it to thats bout the cheapest way to go

This normally results in blown struts. I would never recommend cutting springs...do it the right way. look into racing springs or get coilovers. Coilovers you can get a good set for around $600 that slip over your struts (you need new struts if you are still running stock struts) and you can change the height to whatever you want. My civic is lowered about 3" and the mud guards are about 3/4" off the ground using H&R race springs. I still wouldnt mind another half inch, but I scrape constantly and am tucking tire. Coilovers give you a great ride at the height you want and you can change it from spring and winter. Lowering springs you are stuck with one height.

I don't really want to cut them, that's why I asked. :)

Unfortunately, I cannot drop $600 on coilovers right now which is why I didn't just go with something like that. It is the best option if I could afford it. I guess I will just get the lowering springs and call it a day. My struts will probably blow but oh well. Drive her till she dies haha.

Edit: Btw tonedeaf, I just finished looking at you BL for your Civic. I'm loving the direction you're going with it. And stupid question here:

I've wanted an "I <3 Haters" sticker for like a year now, but I'm afraid to get it because I feel like it's a Honda/JDM thing. Is this true?

Edited by Dylank811

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Thanks dude. As for coilovers and shit...suspension done right will last a LONG time if you arent treating it like dirt. Set of struts = $300. Good set of lowering springs = $200. Its cheaper doing both together now or saving for a bit longer and doing it vs blowing your struts and riding on them and popping tires and shit because of it. (learned from experience.) My buddy has a similar suspension on his 99 civic and his has been onn there for going on 9 years now going strong.

First time right. :good:

it is a jdm thing, but your sx can pull it off.

also, if you wanna be within an inch or so fender gap... just do normal drop springs, i just finished mine a few days ago and there is no gap in the rear, about 3/4 inch up front. my ride is an 07 accord.. tein springs if it helps

I'm curious to know how my car can pull it off :D

Something else I'm worried about...all the MDF, subs, and amps in my trunk is making it sag in the rear right now. I know that lowering springs will have a higher spring rate, but will this terrible sag still be noticable?

Thanks dude. As for coilovers and shit...suspension done right will last a LONG time if you arent treating it like dirt. Set of struts = $300. Good set of lowering springs = $200. Its cheaper doing both together now or saving for a bit longer and doing it vs blowing your struts and riding on them and popping tires and shit because of it. (learned from experience.) My buddy has a similar suspension on his 99 civic and his has been onn there for going on 9 years now going strong.

First time right. :good:

Alright I'll look into them. I'm just going into college though, and I will likely sell this car when I graduate or do a serious overhaul on it with my new income. :D

I try to do things right the first time though.

And the I <3 haters thing is JDM style. Oh well, I like it. :drink40: HATERS FEED ME. OM NOM NOM.

Lol XD I want that sticker dude. My Nissan is about to wear a blue I <3 haters sticker loud n proud.

Edited by Dylank811

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring