Opinions on Samsung Infuse 4G?(GOT THE PHONE TODAY)

11 members have voted

1. 1. Samsung Infuse 4G Or Iphone 4?

• Samsung Infuse 4G
    • Iphone 4

Touchwiz is closer to stock android than many other Android skins. And it actually does add to the experience.

AT&Ts 4g isn't real 4g. Its just upgraded 3g. Battery life is more or less the same as other 3g android phones.

The screen is large, but you get used to it really fast. Super AMOLED+ > LCD. Super black blacks, really bright colors. And they finally got rid of the pentile subpixel arrangement in favor of RGB.

Also, the camera is frigging ridiculous. Don't know if that matters to you.

I'm personally holding out for the galaxy s 2. Smaller screen at 4.3, but a faster processor. The infuse isn't a slouch by any stretch of the imagination though.

The only thing is, when you get it, you will be surprised by how light the phone is.

what do you mean adds to the experience?

the battery seems pretty big for that phone.

The screen is what has me looking at my phone, and the super AMOLED, for sure.

and i always use the camera and 8.0 megapixel with LED flash is a def plus

i havent looked much into the galazy s2

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

yup it is running android 2.2 with touch wiz 3.0, why do you hate touch wiz? keep in mind ive never owned a android phone.

this phone has a 750 mAh battery, its bretty big. but i am on the internet alot and what not so battery life is a big thing to me, my iphone 3gs wasant that great

The big screen is what caught my eye, ive watched just about all the reviews and theve compared the size to a iphone 4, and it is a lil bigger but i think id like it, also cause im always pulling stuff up on the interwebz

i treid jail breaking the other day, and my phone froze and i had to restore it to the newest software and theres no jial break for it yet, but if you arent making your own themes and what not its gay, and i dont know how to make some of those badass themes.

i have alot of good things about droid and i kinda wanna try something diffrent, been on a iphone for a while now, no complaints, just wanna try something new :drink40:

I just think it looks sloppy. Sense UI is MUCH more refined imo. TouchWiz seems to be "laggy" too. On my Galaxy Tab, it used to studder (the launcher mostly). When I rooted and removed TouchWiz, it was fine.

750mAh is actually pretty small. My DINC has about a 1350mAh battery, and it lasts around 12 hours. Thats with like 50 texts, some facebook, emails refreshing every 5 mins, music for 2 hrs, and about 2 hours of web browsing. Keep in mind that thats on 3G. True 4G annihilates the battery, which is even smaller.

Ive watched similar reviews/ comparisons before I bought my Droid 3. When I actually received and held the phone... i thought differently. Before you buy the phone, id suggest for you to hold and play around with one.

Good luck with either purchase. If you have any Android Questions, feel free to PM me or hmu on Facebook.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I can get you an HTC evo unlocked for the boost unlimited 50 a month...and the phone for like 300....no contracts..

You can put a CDMA phone on an IDEN network? Please explain

Even if you could, it wouldnt be worth it. CDMA allows for more simultaneous calls and MUCH faster data

Are you saying you can for simultaneous calls and data? Because you can't. GSM can. CDMA cannot.

Nope, I meant take more than one call (like have the ability to have 3+ active calls at once). The carrier usually just limits it.

Also.. I said IDEN, not GSM. Theyre really different.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I can get you an HTC evo unlocked for the boost unlimited 50 a month...and the phone for like 300....no contracts..

Even if you could, it wouldnt be worth it. CDMA allows for more simultaneous calls and MUCH faster data

Are you saying you can for simultaneous calls and data? Because you can't. GSM can. CDMA cannot.

Boost unlimited is either Iden or CDMA.

So if you get an EVO there fast already 4.3 inch screen and you said data is faster.

Touchwiz is closer to stock android than many other Android skins. And it actually does add to the experience.

AT&Ts 4g isn't real 4g. Its just upgraded 3g. Battery life is more or less the same as other 3g android phones.

The screen is large, but you get used to it really fast. Super AMOLED+ > LCD. Super black blacks, really bright colors. And they finally got rid of the pentile subpixel arrangement in favor of RGB.

I'm personally holding out for the galaxy s 2. Smaller screen at 4.3, but a faster processor. The infuse isn't a slouch by any stretch of the imagination though.

The only thing is, when you get it, you will be surprised by how light the phone is.

Unlike something like motoblur which adds so-called networking features that are already built in to Android (and because of this you end up with duplicate accounts), TouchWiz, while arguable not very eye appealing, gives you things like toggles in the notification bar and you can slide on the notification bar to control screen brightness. It also adds an easy to access task manager, which is something I don't think stock android has.

As stated before, the launcher can be changed. But other useful additions.still remain, and those are.things I fond immensely useful. I didn't know how much I.used them until I flashed a ROM that didn't have them.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Nope, I meant take more than one call (like have the ability to have 3+ active calls at once). The carrier usually just limits it.

Also.. I said IDEN, not GSM. Theyre really different.

My point was, if simultaneous calls and data were what you were after, you aren't going to get it with.CDMA.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Unlike something like motoblur which adds so-called networking features that are already built in to Android (and because of this you end up with duplicate accounts), TouchWiz, while arguable not very eye appealing, gives you things like toggles in the notification bar and you can slide on the notification bar to control screen brightness. It also adds an easy to access task manager, which is something I don't think stock android has.

As stated before, the launcher can be changed. But other useful additions.still remain, and those are.things I fond immensely useful. I didn't know how much I.used them until I flashed a ROM that didn't have them.

from what ive seen the phone seems alright, but ive never owned a android device so im a :noob: at them, and anything about rooting them or whatever its called lol.

im gunna go to a AT&T store in a few and actually go play with it

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Android ftw but I'm not really a fan of the infuse its just too big the atrix has better features and a 4 inch screen. Also the battery in the atrix lasts all day for me and its 4g it has the biggest battery in a phone right now. Either way get some ghost armor on it to bring it together.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Archived