Second Skin Audio

RE SEx 12s 2ohm vs Z1a

Well of they got smelly something was obviously burning to make the smell, there arnt many things inside a subwoofer that would burn besides the voice coil. Bit that's besides the point! I'm not at all saying the subs can't handle it, I'm saying it's probably not smart for a person that is very new to car audio to wire down to .5! I fully understand the concept of cleanly overpowering subs, that's not what I'm talking about. And I'm not saying that amp can't go to .5 or that it hasn't been done. But in this instance I don't think it's a wise idea

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

lol some interesting replys ill say that!

I ended up hooking them up to a DDM3 @ 2ohm which is only putting out 1500watt so 750watt per sub and they are only moving a tiny bit (can only just hear them), And thats with the stereo turned up to my max listening level.... So ill drop them down to .5ohm which will be roughly 3200watts so 1600watt per sub and see what happends (And yes i have the power to back it up)

I ended up hooking them up to a DDM3 @ 2ohm which is only putting out 1500watt so 750watt per sub and they are only moving a tiny bit (can only just hear them), And thats with the stereo turned up to my max listening level.... So ill drop them down to .5ohm which will be roughly 3200watts so 1600watt per sub and see what happends (And yes i have the power to back it up)

Something seems like it would be wrong if you can barely hear them on that M3@2ohm.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Something seems like it would be wrong if you can barely hear them on that M3@2ohm.

Donno i turned the bass boost up on my HU to its max and they started to sound like they are ment to but imo i shouldnt have to turn up my HU bass boost for them to work... If i cant get them to work right im gonna go back to my 2 10s as they went 3000x louder and harder then these.

Those subs are 600rms each.

Thats true but on the box it says "Up to 2000watts power handling" So thats why im a little paranoid as to how much power i can actually give them, I pretty much want to give them as much as they can take/handle.

They can take/handle 600 RMS as long as it is good clean unclipped power.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

sounds like lots of misinformation here, as well as a bad install.

^^This

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Someone needs to do some reading... on both installs and ho to set gains on a amp.You may have already clipped your subs to death man. :peepwall:

Someone needs to do some reading... on both installs and ho to set gains on a amp.You may have already clipped your subs to death man. :peepwall:

I know how to set gains on a amp and as for clipping i guess you have never used a DD amp befor? They have a external gain control with a clipping detector on them that u can put upfront of your car so you can see if clipping occurs.

As for install it pretty much is:

setupu.th.jpg

Gonna test another ampanyway and see if anything happends.

Edited by ExtremeOz