Grelko's 84 Chevy G30 1-Ton Full Size Van

I've seen some G10s and 20s, the frames look almost identical except the G30 is about 6 ft longer than the G10 is, the height about the same, G10s should have a 5 lug, not sure on the G20 lugs. Could depend on the year also.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Sorry I don't know my molester van ratings....

That also goes for C and K series trucks until the late 80's or so.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

:popcorn:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

x2

gotta' keep it skeezy! I will drive around playing ice cream truck tunes in my van if you will in yours! :lol:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

x2

gotta' keep it skeezy! I will drive around playing ice cream truck tunes in my van if you will in yours! :lol:

lol thats great man, if I had icecream music I would. All I got is a shop up the road with penny candy, so while I'm working on the van, theres always a bag or two of gummybears, lollipops etc in there.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

I love these vans. I can't wait to see what you're gunna do with it. Here is a pic of mine.

van.jpg

I got some ideas for mine, not 100% sure about the actual setup yet, might go with a wall or set it up like a livingroom. Bodywork is taking a while just cause its a huge amount of metal, but other than that it still runs great.

What year is yours? Is that a 20 or 30?, It got blurry when I zoomed in. Is that dropped or air ride? Nice work on the grill and rims. If you have a build on here I'll definately check it out.

If I decide on the livingroom setup instead of a wall, I was gonna see if I could get a kit for a TV to lift out of a box near the floor, or a fold down from the ceiling but nothing too huge, say 32in max. I want to keep this mostly stock for cruises but I'm not sure yet, alot of the parts aren't hard to find but those 16.5 tires... I might convert it over to 16 or 17s, still figuring out alot of details.

So far this isn't turning out as I hoped it would. Went to get the materials for welding and it was STILL going to be a bit more than I hoped it would be, mostly because there's the part on the drivers side along the whole wall that needs replaced along the bottom. For now, I'll have to give up on getting it welded and see what all I can patch up with bondo, fiberglass resin and expanding foam.

I'm going with metal sheets screwed into the floor over the holes after they're patched as good as I can get then 3/4 or 1" wood over that. If it gets much worse I'll definately have to save up quite a bit and get it welded. Since my budget is slowly getting low, it seems that I'll have to leave alot of the aluminum flashing where it is for now also...

Bought front brakes yesterday and took off the tire to replace them, and even though I haven't changed the brakes in about 3 years, they still look almost brand new lol, I only put 1,000 miles on per year if that much, but when I had the tire off I was checking on a couple parts "ball joint etc" and noticed the shims were able to move all over the place and the control arm moves a bit also.

I guess it wasn't the ball joint after all, it has to be a mix between the control arm bushings on the passanger side, the drivers side front tire, and WAY out of alignment because it looks like a couple of the shims they use when they align the van broke/rusted out which has to be why its rattling so bad.

I swear if I get all those replaced and it still rattles, then I have no idea what it is.

Might have a bad steering pump leak somewhere, I check fluids every 2 weeks to 1 month and the power steering was just about dry, so theres another thing I have to keep an eye on.

Edit- Stopped at Lowes and got some better 3/4" 4x8s for the floor, a plywood blade for the circular saw, and more pieces of the 1/4" for the walls. I think i have enough wood for the interior now?

It rained today, and chance of rain for the next couple days, so I can't really do much till it dries up

Mines a 94 G20 and yes its bagged. I made the grill myself cause they don't make one for these vans. Its a billet grill for the c series trucks. I haven't started a build log yet im gunna wait until it's farther along.It's hard to see in the pic but it has sidepipes too. lol

Archived