Sonic Electronix

shit i got tons of experience, but i dont know alarms or remote starts at all, im slow because i tend to be a perfectionist and we all know speed is king in a shop..

Id love to work in a shop and learn stuff i dont know, but since im not certified i dont know shit...

real installers make a decent amount of money, but imo have an in with a prospective place before spending all that money to get a degree. real world experience is king in the industry

only tough thing is not many people are hiring. at least in my area. i have to work for little to nothing just to get that experence. but itll all be worth it...hopefully lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Man just go to a Real university, like you said your not paying anything, get into electrical engineering and take electives in fabrication and you'll learn way more than in a trade school. Plus when your done you'll have a degree not a certificate. Also there are a bunch of beautiful women on college campuses!

My Current Project: 2006 Ford Focus ST

HU: Kenwood KDC-X986

Amps: Rockford Fosgate R300-4

Hifonics Brutus BXi 1601D

Sub(s): (2) Skar VVX8 want to add 2x

Mids/Highs: VXI65 components (front doors), RE Pro 5x7FR (rear doors)

Wiring: Big 3 done in Candace 1/0 awg.

1 run from battery to distro-block 1/0 awg. Cadance wire

4 awg Stinger wire from distro-block to amps.

Electrical: stock alt.

Optima Red Top.

I will also add my .02 on this by saying choose a REAL career to spend your hard earned college money on. This seems to be the overall feel of responses that your getting here because it's not all it's cracked up to be. I've installed in the industry for about 3 years and absolutely hated it. I didn't like the dick for a coke head boss I worked for, not to mention all the pressure to get shit out the door. Like Dave said speed is important and sometimes quality will suffer because of it.

I'm much much happier to do installs now that I don't have to fuck around with random people's nasty as hell cars all day. You do get nice cars most of the time, but then there are those cars that come in and your just like what the fuck is this shit. It looks like people actually drive their garbage cans into the shop expecting you to be some sort of fucking comando digging fox holes to run some effing wires for an amp that is worth more than their whole car.

Keep it as a hobby, the schools that are available cost way too much for how little you actually learn. They're not worth it trying to teach you enough to get a job in the industry for the 2-3 months they last. If they were more like a year or two that would be a different story.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz