Second Skin Audio

6 15"s vs 4 18"s

So I'm looking at upgrading but unsure on what size/quantity of woofers to go with...

Options are:

-4 18" 1000rms subs getting about 1200rms each, or

- 6 15" 1000rms subs (same woofer) getting about 800rms each

Both setups will be in a large box tuned at around 30 hz eventually put into a fourth order wall, wanna know what would be the best way to go for a loud daily groundpounder ;)

Any opinions would be great :D cheers

What car do you have ? i didnt think there were cars in Aus big enough for a system like that.

and for me i would do for 18's cos over here in Aus who the hell has 18" subs they are very very rare

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

The cars do run pretty small around here, haven't seen a full size pickup of any kind here. But there are plenty of cars running around you could fit that equipment into. Got pics of the ride? Would be cool to see a blow through in one of these things that are everywhere here down under. I had never seen one til I got here, and there's several companies making them too.

120433d1296081870-50th-anniversary-2014-mustang-motor-trend-article-holden_ute_ss-v_m_m.jpg

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

The cars do run pretty small around here, haven't seen a full size pickup of any kind here. But there are plenty of cars running around you could fit that equipment into. Got pics of the ride? Would be cool to see a blow through in one of these things that are everywhere here down under. I had never seen one til I got here, and there's several companies making them too.

120433d1296081870-50th-anniversary-2014-mustang-motor-trend-article-holden_ute_ss-v_m_m.jpg

ahhh the good old VE Commodore ute, i love these things. my mate has the normal ve commodore and damn do them things have alot of power to them. and how long you been down here in Australia man ?

edit: sorry for mini thread jack lol :)

Edited by ^_^ Gem132

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

haha i wish i had a VE ute, im only 17 though and was limited to what i could buy for my first car, so i could spend more on the system :P

yea 18"s are quite uncommon to an extent in Australia, but i dont really care about the wow factor just whatever will be loudest on music and play lower

anyways heres the beast, a 93 VP commodore wagon:

img0011mg.jpg

To fit the quantity of subs i will be buying the system in stages, so if i go with the 15"s ill have 4 in a box behind the backseat and then 6 in a wall, same with the 18"s start off with 2 in a box, then 4 in a wall :P

Edited by SPLWGN

If you have the space for a proper enclosure, the 6 15s will have 150% motor force and roughly the same cone area.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i vote 6 15s

41 ~ sq inch more of cone area, and 2 more motors for more motor force....

cone area + motorforce = king for nasty hairtricks... :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1312467366' post='1635256]

ahhh the good old VE Commodore ute, i love these things. my mate has the normal ve commodore and damn do them things have alot of power to them. and how long you been down here in Australia man ?

edit: sorry for mini thread jack lol :)

I've been down here for just over three weeks. I'm just here for the term at Newie Uni. Would love to stay longer, maybe even live here eventually.

i vote 6 15s

41 ~ sq inch more of cone area, and 2 more motors for more motor force....

cone area + motorforce = king for nasty hairtricks... :)

But typically will cost more, especially shipped to Australia. Unless its local, but always more expensive for more drivers.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!