Second Skin Audio

Does enclosure size effect subwoofer cooling

I feel your pain and frustraion on your enclousre..I've read it on the other forum..even if you posted your specs probally every designer would disagree.what I don't get is if you can design your own box..why did you have pete do it..me I tried one never will again.what sucks is you have alit of money and time in this..not happy and destroyed equipment...I say get them reconed and design your own box cause you were happier with it.

I feel your pain and frustraion on your enclousre..I've read it on the other forum..even if you posted your specs probally every designer would disagree.what I don't get is if you can design your own box..why did you have pete do it..me I tried one never will again.what sucks is you have alit of money and time in this..not happy and destroyed equipment...I say get them reconed and design your own box cause you were happier with it.

Yes thats the new plan. I just figured since DD use to promote pwk that it would be a good idea to use him. Boy was i wrong Pete wont help me out for nada! His customer services sucks balls. You had a pwk ? What did you think?

Pete will always put in on user never him..I wasn't all that impressed with my outcome looked promising but didn't happen.I rather sketch it out on paper and see if it looks right. before I ever try him again...and does DD still promote ?

You need to pull them and look at the coils. If they are black you were either clipping them or shooting dirty power at them or maybe unloading which doesn't help in cooling. If they aren't black then you need to start looking at the enclosure (assuming it's just not a manufacturer defect or a problem with a recone) as well.

Maybe it isn't all that musical and you're having loading issues.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts