Sundown Audio

which amp to get?

I'm planning on getting new amp for my 2 sundown sa10's, but not sure which one. My electrical is 1 kinetik hc1800, 1 stock battery and 120A alt. Car is BMW 325i. I'm currently getting new box design from ram-designs, which will be blow-thru, cause my backseats don't fold down. Subs will be wired down to 1 ohm. Amps i been looking at are DC 2k, Sundown 2000d or 1500dv.2, AQ 2200. What i'm really looking for is ~2000wrms after rise, but it will be impossible with amps i listed. So which amp will produce best wattage after rise?

I'm planning on getting new amp for my 2 sundown sa10's, but not sure which one. My electrical is 1 kinetik hc1800, 1 stock battery and 120A alt. Car is BMW 325i. I'm currently getting new box design from ram-designs, which will be blow-thru, cause my backseats don't fold down. Subs will be wired down to 1 ohm. Amps i been looking at are DC 2k, Sundown 2000d or 1500dv.2, AQ 2200. What i'm really looking for is ~2000wrms after rise, but it will be impossible with amps i listed. So which amp will produce best wattage after rise?

The cheapest from this you can get, have a look @ dbR electronics 20 % off @ refurb. was 280 $ for SAZ 1500 v2, or in the want to sale section is a AQ 2200 for 265 $.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

The cheapest from this you can get, have a look @ dbR electronics 20 % off @ refurb. was 280 $ for SAZ 1500 v2, or in the want to sale section is a AQ 2200 for 265 $.

The question is which amp will produce more power after rise..

The question is which amp will produce more power after rise..

Again the cheapest you can get, and than the numbers in a row. :lol:

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I've got.a.audiopipe 3k for sale with modded speaker terminals...we could work something out.on a price and that would be a good match for those subs plus would give you headway if you wanted to add another sub or 2 down the road

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

music and rise dont really go together...

so to be clear, how much is the rise when playing music? Last competition i went to, they clamped my hifonics brz1200d and i got ~860wrms @2.8ohm after rise, playing 43hz tone.

tone is the key word, when playing music the ohm load is constantly changing. but you can account for rise only on tones or a nice solid long note in a song that is constant. The rise is more of your box than the amp.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

musical rise will fluctuate between different frequencys, your 43hz note might be at 2.8 ohms, where at 30hz note might be 16ohms...

you shouldnt be worried about clamped power if you are going for music, you really need to worry about it when you are doing straight tones

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones