Sundown Audio

which amp to get?

music and rise dont really go together...

so to be clear, how much is the rise when playing music? Last competition i went to, they clamped my hifonics brz1200d and i got ~860wrms @2.8ohm after rise, playing 43hz tone.

tone is the key word, when playing music the ohm load is constantly changing. but you can account for rise only on tones or a nice solid long note in a song that is constant. The rise is more of your box than the amp.

so in order to limit rise, i need better box design?

I've got.a.audiopipe 3k for sale with modded speaker terminals...we could work something out.on a price and that would be a good match for those subs plus would give you headway if you wanted to add another sub or 2 down the road

i'm limited on electrical, 3k would be too much.

Just cause it can do 3k dosnt mean you have to use all that power...and there pretty easy on electrical.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

400-2500ish

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Get rid of the kinectic and go with 2 of the biggest xs batterys that will fit replace stock one with xs do the big 3 and at least one run of 0g or more front to back.I'm assuming you have d1 subs id go with a 3k amp if u want at lest 2k because in a perfect world your rise is going to at least be 2ohms in a musical box and that would put you at the power your looking for with a 2k amp. My box rise is 5ohms but on certain freq I can protect my amp from low impedeance playing music

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Get rid of the kinectic and go with 2 of the biggest xs batterys that will fit replace stock one with xs do the big 3 and at least one run of 0g or more front to back.I'm assuming you have d1 subs id go with a 3k amp if u want at lest 2k because in a perfect world your rise is going to at least be 2ohms in a musical box and that would put you at the power your looking for with a 2k amp. My box rise is 5ohms but on certain freq I can protect my amp from low impedeance playing music

I was thinking of just getting xsd3100 and keeping kinetik, subs are D4's wired down to 1 ohm. I'm not sure about big 3, because my battery is in the back.

Edited by LoudBimmer

So i'm guessing Sundown or DC will do ~2000wrms on music and ~1200-1300 on tone after rise?

No one knows, you would have to test it yourself. Music is dynamic so you won't see the same power at all times from it.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

So i'm guessing Sundown or DC will do ~2000wrms on music and ~1200-1300 on tone after rise?

you got it backwards, it will do more power on tones than music

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones