Second Skin Audio

Alright, so i really need to get some sound deadener for my 2004 GMC Envoy. I installed my 18" AA SMD in my truck today and it rattles the shit out of my rear hatch since it is a sub and port back setup. I wanted to stop this as much as i can but am not sure on how much to order for it. I was thinking maybe two or three layers of damp pro will help??

If you could please tell me how many square feet i should get that would be helpful.

Also, i need to have the wooden roller for it and it will be shipped to 14150 (Tonawanda, New York)

If you could please tell me how much to buy and about how much it will come to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Well the door pack comes with 13 square feet. So that in just a general size is 4feet wide by 3 feet plus some so 48 inches by 32 again add some for that extra foot. The envoy in my driveway has a hatch with just under 5 feet wide and 16 inches tall with a big window. So a door kit would be perfect. So just say 2 for two layers. Would be heavy after that much but no vibrations if you really want two layers. So say 70 x2 plus 15 for roller. 155 plus shipping. Give or take for the extra change. Again that year envoy I measured I don't know but it's close to that.

Ps don't forget about the competion. And the competion deal that's going. The free speaker Tweaker kit! Check it out

Edited by toadking90

Thanks a ton man, i saw about the competition deal you have going on. Also, from what i was messing with tonight, the high stop light and the plastic insert (where the licence plate screws in) rattle the most and make it sound like shit. The plate isnt rattling at all since i put rubber washers behind the screws. Do you think damp pro would really help it out? And one last thing, will this weigh down the liftgate so much that it wont support its own weight on the shocks i have? I have brand new shocks for the tailgate as one of the stock ones had a leak and wouldnt hold the gate up so the new ones are stiff as hell but i wanted to see if they would hold damp pro. I didnt know if this stuff is really heavy or not, i never used any deadener before so excuse me for my ignorance.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

You will be fine with 3+ layers it wont add too much weight. I would put as much ans you can fit back there and still get the panels back on. Put up some vids of that damn sub!!! I still cant believe you have had it since december and just got it in.

Thanks a ton man, i saw about the competition deal you have going on. Also, from what i was messing with tonight, the high stop light and the plastic insert (where the licence plate screws in) rattle the most and make it sound like shit. The plate isnt rattling at all since i put rubber washers behind the screws. Do you think damp pro would really help it out? And one last thing, will this weigh down the liftgate so much that it wont support its own weight on the shocks i have? I have brand new shocks for the tailgate as one of the stock ones had a leak and wouldnt hold the gate up so the new ones are stiff as hell but i wanted to see if they would hold damp pro. I didnt know if this stuff is really heavy or not, i never used any deadener before so excuse me for my ignorance.

Just like stated before you can just keep stacking it on there until the panel doesn't fit but 2 maybe 3 would be fine. But if your shocks are new they should be good. But yeah just put it on all the metal you can in the back and it will help tons.

CJ: i will get vids of it soon, just gotta find time, im still tuning it a little at a time. Im going to try to clamp it tomorrow. I had to change it from .25 ohms strapped to 2 ohms strapped because the amp kept going in protect. But im not too disappointed with how loud it gets on the low end.

Toad: Alright i will get 3 door packs for it. Also like i said, the high stop light and the rear panel on the exterior shakes a ton, do you know how to fix these without breaking anything? Can i take them all off and put like one layer of damp pro on it even with just the high stop light being on the exterior?

CJ: i will get vids of it soon, just gotta find time, im still tuning it a little at a time. Im going to try to clamp it tomorrow. I had to change it from .25 ohms strapped to 2 ohms strapped because the amp kept going in protect. But im not too disappointed with how loud it gets on the low end.

Toad: Alright i will get 3 door packs for it. Also like i said, the high stop light and the rear panel on the exterior shakes a ton, do you know how to fix these without breaking anything? Can i take them all off and put like one layer of damp pro on it even with just the high stop light being on the exterior?

Well I have never heard a SMD in person but if I had to guess those things push a ton of air out. Lol I mean everything I have seen they shake everything. Mr Meade shook somebody's car who was in front of him driving down the road. They move serious air so I would say get your damp pro and put it on all the metal, put panels all back on and see what happens. I know it's a lot of work but hey it's worth all the testing in the end.

My smd is only at 2 ohms getting about 4kw of power (i didnt clamp it yet tho) and it gets pretty loud. They do push air like a fan though, my entire truck is an air tunnel, even with all 4 windows down. For a single smd setup it is pretty good in my opinion and this is my first ground up build i have done too so im very impressed with it.

And last question, will damp pro stick to plastic surfaces along with plastic that is on the exterior of my truck? The exterior part is just the high stop bar and it is black so i can apply it and let it sit in the sun or on the roof to get nice and hot and adhere to it.

My smd is only at 2 ohms getting about 4kw of power (i didnt clamp it yet tho) and it gets pretty loud. They do push air like a fan though, my entire truck is an air tunnel, even with all 4 windows down. For a single smd setup it is pretty good in my opinion and this is my first ground up build i have done too so im very impressed with it.

And last question, will damp pro stick to plastic surfaces along with plastic that is on the exterior of my truck? The exterior part is just the high stop bar and it is black so i can apply it and let it sit in the sun or on the roof to get nice and hot and adhere to it.

In all honesty I don't see why it wouldn't stick. It seems to stick fine to plastic. Now as for the heat I don't think it would hurt it. You are talking about the top of the hatch right just the space between the window and the top of the hatch?

I'd say just clean it good and it should be fine.

But I am a lot newer to this stuff then rep Jon is so if he felt I was wrong and wanted to step in he should lol but it seems to stick fine. ( I ran into the garage and cut me a little square off and stuck it to the back of my door panel which just so happens to be off right now. Just wiped dust off with fingerr and stuck it. I rubbed it down good with my thumb and tried to pull it back off. Didn't come off. That was all about 20 seconds worth of sticking too. ) so yeah. Should be good

Ok yea i figured damp is very stick just wanted to make sure. And yes it is right above my rear window. I will have to order that up soon but idk how i can get it installed since i am going back to school in 2 weeks f-college. lol. So it will probably sit in my room until i can install it. Would this be bad to do at all or should i just wait until i am ready to get it and then do it.