Sundown Audio

2 T40001bd Vs. 4 Zx2500.1

wrathchild281

Yes, my bad on the subsonic filter. I didnt see that on sonic when I was browsing it last night.

And as for that judge (this is just what he told me). Not trying to spread false info, just going by hear say (which you should never do, but I felt special knowing about the 10k amp). Congrats on the new amp, may she be a beauty (but Im still in love with my spl dynamics) :), and welcome the the site Polecat :)

Edit: Do you have any pics of the new beast?

no prob man, just wanted to clarify, i KNOW they won't be $1000, and that the 2500's do have a SSF.. :) no harm

you know if rumor got out they were only $1000, people would FILL my email inboxon when to get them from a dealer :D

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

ask steve what his were benched at. and why else would they put a 500 amp fuse in a 4k watt amp then?

I was just saying they're much overrated, not a little. What did he bench his at?

He was trying to say 400 amp fuse = 4000 watts

500 amp fuse = 5000 watts, which it does not.

crxsilogozz5.gif

I was just saying they're much overrated, not a little. What did he bench his at?

He was trying to say 400 amp fuse = 4000 watts

500 amp fuse = 5000 watts, which it does not.

generally thats how everything would be in a perfect situation. and i believe all his amps bench at atleast 4700 rms.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

The basic rule of thumb is 100 amp draw at lets say 14 volts = 1400 watts.

Its basic multiplication. 100 X 14.

If I remember reading right but one of steves amps that he fried only benched at around 4600 and made sure that his new one was up there with the rest of them.

If you got a good electrical system your amp will be louder, you need to satisfy the amp with voltage along with amperage. But Im not totally sure on this and I cant find which post it was for the exact specs.

Ive seen my amp draw over 500 amps already in a extreme vehicle wired at .3 ohms with a 16 volt electrical system, keep in mind my amp is 3000wrms at 1 ohm with 13.8 volts.

Ive never messed with the newer RF amps/subs, but I use to run two 12 inch punch power dvc (they had a big ass magnet and the vent on the magnet was so big you could almost fist it) each sub was powered by a punch power 800.2 or something like that. I ended up frying both subs, and when one sub went it took out the amp with it. The shop I bought the gear from was a RF dealer and tuned my stereo with a oscope. Needless to say RF would not warrenty my gear and audio plus was also being just as gay with helping me getting my crap warrantied. I ended up selling one punch power for 200 bucks to a buddy and through the rest in the trashed. and stepped up to some orion hcca subs and amps.

As for kicker, My car came with a kx1200.1, a kx650.4, and two kicker solo l7s. I wasnt impressed one bit with it and heard louder stereos that had jensen subs and pyle amps.. I still got all the kicker gear, but the subs coils read very high because I was bored one day and tossed them on my spl dynamics and burnt the coils pretty bad LoL.

I personally dont like either company Im happy with what I am running now and dont think Ill be switching brands for a while. Both DD and Spl dynamics take very good care of me.

Archived