Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Those are the old free air subs right? I talked to a guy from canada who has those 2 12's on a alpine amp, quite nice

how are those free air if your seeing them in the box?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

how are those free air if your seeing them in the box?

They're known for free air capabilities from what I read a few months ago, if those are the same ones as I was reading about :unsure:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Posted

ahhh so the correct question is they can also be used free air, but very few subs i have seen actually do both well it was either one or the other (enclosed/I.B.) Although I did have some OZ Audio's back in the day that said they were both....never did try em out free air though.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

  • 1 month later...
Posted

XS50, XS100's were in old school day, late 80's early 90's...matter of fact, i still have a DX700 and ZR360... :)]

Yes, the oder boxes back in the day had a 2x6 horn, some had a 2x5 and some 3.75". IMHO, the best SQ box back in the day was the TLM-10

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tracy/

Gary Biggs has an *XS/100* on E/Bay right now For Sale/ :) .The whole amp is *Polished Up*...sweet!!

I'd love to get that one... just to collect.There's a ZR/600 also on E/Bay for sale.I like very much for my car.

I'm *thinking* about selling some of my ZX/460 Amps/ 1~ZR/360/And maybe 1 of the ZR/240's.

I'm using 2~ZR/1000's for the Subs.But was thinkin' of using ZR/600's for the rest of the System and 1~ZR/120

for Center chn.w/ 5.1 Surround.I'm leanin' that way...but would have to know I could find the ZR/600's w/Polished HeatSinks first/ :(

Or "maybe" Sand the heatsink tops down so they look like Kicker done them/ ;) .

The one on E/Bay looks nice.I wish I knew how to do picz on the 'Puter too.

I love those old school ZR/ZX Amps.

Kind Regards/

Raymond

*Tinkker*

*Kicker~*ZR/ZX*~My Old School~*Music Machines*

*It's Nice To Be *Important*...But It's *More Important* To Be Nice*

A Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss: Joseph Minieri [R.I.P.]

Posted

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tracy/

Gary Biggs has an *XS/100* on E/Bay right now For Sale/ :) .The whole amp is *Polished Up*...sweet!!

I'd love to get that one... just to collect.There's a ZR/600 also on E/Bay for sale.I like very much for my car.

I'm *thinking* about selling some of my ZX/460 Amps/ 1~ZR/360/And maybe 1 of the ZR/240's.

I'm using 2~ZR/1000's for the Subs.But was thinkin' of using ZR/600's for the rest of the System and 1~ZR/120

for Center chn.w/ 5.1 Surround.I'm leanin' that way...but would have to know I could find the ZR/600's w/Polished HeatSinks first/ :(

Or "maybe" Sand the heatsink tops down so they look like Kicker done them/ ;) .

The one on E/Bay looks nice.I wish I knew how to do picz on the 'Puter too.

I love those old school ZR/ZX Amps.

Kind Regards/

Raymond

I still have a ZR360 myself :) Love them old skool...

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Posted

I still have a ZR360 myself :) Love them old skool...

****************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^**************

Yes....Me Too/ :D .I'm sure Kicker is *Still Very Proud* of those

models from Back In The Day.That's why...if I had the Denaro...

I'd buy *All* those *Clean & Working* ZR/ZX & XS Amps.

Make an Angled shelf w/a Plexi cover and Lights & display them

in my garage...WOOOOTTT!!!!!!!.

Tracy... Do you have any ZX/460's in your collection? LMK.

Take Care...And have a *Happy New **2008** Year & Beyond

to You & Yours/ :) .

Kind Regards/

*Tinkker*

*Kicker~*ZR/ZX*~My Old School~*Music Machines*

*It's Nice To Be *Important*...But It's *More Important* To Be Nice*

A Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss: Joseph Minieri [R.I.P.]

Posted

How come many people no longer like the newer kicker stuff? I don't really know anything earlier than say stuff from 2002 but I've used and beat up a few cvr's and I've liked them for what they are. For the money I can't say I've heard too much stuff that has been greatly better but I also haven't heard too many so I guess I don't count! I want to hear a solo x but don't know anyone with one...

Posted

sorry, no ZX460's

many love the new stuff, you always have people whom like it, and always have people whom don't....

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Posted (edited)

Hi Tracy/

The reason I asked you is I have 3 of them...

Thought you may be interested in one/ ;) .

They all are in their original Boxes.

I have one N.I.B. w/Polished Heat Sink & Original Rectangle Badge and Endcaps.

I have 2/Used[maybe 4-5 Hrs. on them Tops]w/Black Sinks/Endcaps/& Newer Badges .

I'd rate them 9-9/10 out of 10...'cause they were Demo Amps.

Remember The 2/Key Fobs & Badges...

You can PM/ I'll LYK then...if you want.

Best Regards/

Raymond

Edited by *Extreme Stang GT*

*Tinkker*

*Kicker~*ZR/ZX*~My Old School~*Music Machines*

*It's Nice To Be *Important*...But It's *More Important* To Be Nice*

A Quote from a Very Dear Friend & Ex~Boss: Joseph Minieri [R.I.P.]

Posted

kicker is the best company i know their subs are strong and durable my bro was overpowering a twelve and matter how much it hurt it never blew

no system for me yet

dont drink my all my vodka or your gonna pay by the gulp

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2296 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...