Hey what's up y'all I know this is a kinda of the wall but I was just wondering what everyone thought of the next two questions (listed below). I usually burn mp3 cd's and play cd's through my HU but I can only fit about 140 on a cd and I have quite a few songs on my ipod but the ipod has a volume adjust and a EQ. Only played my ipod on the system just a couple of times to play around with it. I found that if I have the ipod volume about 3/4 the way up and my HU volume about 1/3 way up played the best. I also turned the bass boost off and put the EQ on "flat". Just want a few opinions from the ones who love to run their system off their ipod. I know Steve plays his 30K system off an ipad so they can't be that bad.

Do y'all turn the ipod volume up and HU volume down or just the opposite?

What is your EQ set to? Flat sounds like the least distortion.

I'm also wondering if the ipod volume can create distortion in the signals?

Thank y'all for any help or opinions on this. Its much appreciated. -James

All Decaf (thanks for all the hard work man):

IMG_20110809_211417.jpg

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

If I'm using my ipad, its volume up on the head unit, down on the ipad.

If I'm using my phone its down on the radio, up on my phone.

Is there a "right" way of doing it? IDK. Both methods work for me though.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

My alpine controls the Ipod. I dont know what it does with the Ipod input volume, but I cant control it. Its all through the headunit.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

EQ on my iPod is off.

Normally I have the iPod volume all the way up and just control with the H/U.

When I am driving around places I know I will turn it up/down a decent amount, I will control the volume with my iPod.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

It would be nice to know where Ipods clip at.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Lets not compare apples to oranges here. No pun intended.

The way some people, meade included, is the right way. Others, who just use the headphone jack do it the "wrong" way.

Doing it the right way includes giving the radio the ability to go into the ipod,ipad,iphone's database and read and convert the song to audio.

The wrong way uses the Aux cable and just lets the radio play amplify whatever it is told to, already converted using an inferior converter. This way does not CREATE distortion, but it greatly increases the chances.

Remember, if you use a bad signal to begin with, no matter what you do you'll end with a bad signal.

Now, your thinking" well what if i cannot give the radio access to the iproduct's hard drive. Fret not, just keep the volume below (estimate here) 7/8ths of maximum. That will decrease chances of distortion enough for the average listener.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I think Chris said it perfectly.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Thank y'all for all the quick responses. I do have an aux cable and so badly would like to get rid of it. How can I do so? Like how can I let my JVC KD-A315 access the hard drive on my ipod?

@klown: I would like to be able to control the volume with one unit to make volume adjusting easier in places I don't know or places with a lot of cops. I do have a remote for the HU but its still 2 units controlling volume since I have the dreaded aux cable.

@blown: is it trough bluetooth or what? How does the alpine access the ipod I'm wondering?

@chris: thanks for the detailed description on that. Can my JVC KD-A315 access the ipod hard drive like steve and others? I'm looking through the manual now.

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Its done through a usb cord. The radio pulls the music directly form the ipod.

Big 3 with Yellow Top