Sonic Electronix

H/U = 269.95

Door Speakers = $73.98

Subwoofers = $279.90

2 Obsidian 12's would be about the same price, and MUCH better subs.

I'm sure Pioneer has a good quality unit in that price, heck you can probably pick up a nice used unit on here or caco or somewhere for that.

Kenwood should have a decent HU for that price too.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

(1)Pioneer AVH-P3300BT - Head Unit

(1)Clarion EQS746 - Equalizer

(1)Dynamat Xtreme 20' Trunk Kit 19405

(1)Kicker ZX350.4 (10ZX350.4) - Door Speakers Amp

(4)Rockford Fosgate R1682 - Door Speakers

(1)Kicker DCK8 - Amp Wiring

(2)FI BL's 12in dual 1ohm - Subwoofers

(1)Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D - Subwoofer Amp

(1)db Link CK2Z - Subwoofer Wiring

(1)Tsunami FDB9002M-ANL - Distribution Block

(1)The Install Bay IB500 - Battery Isolator

(2)Kinetik HC 2000 (KHC2000, HC2000, KHC 2000) - Batteries

(1)00-04 ZETEC NON-SVT - H/O Alternator

Also I need a price to know if 1500 is a good price for a to get and put in the alternator, the batteries, and build the box.

second skin is slightly cheaper and a better product than dynamat. check them out.

what brand alt and what is its output? there are a lot of cheap alt options that will actually be WORSE than your stock alt. we can make sure you dont get one of those.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

No need for a high output alternator.

Pioneer DEH-3300BT - $340

Clarion EQ- $70

2 X Alpine Type R 12s $270

Second Skin Damplifier 20 sq feet $70

Pioneer 5 1/4" component speakers (FRONT) - $80

Pioneer 5 1/4 coax (REAR) - $30

2 x speaker adapter plates $20

Hifonics 5 Channel Amp (240 RMS @ 4 ohms on highs, 1000 RMS @ 1 ohm on substage) - $350

Cadence 1/0 wiring kit - $60

2 x cadence 17" RCAs - $26

50 foot cadence speaker wire $14

Torres box tuning Calculator - Create a box 4-6 cubic feet that is atleast 30" wide. Put a port in between the subs, port area should be 15 sq inches per cube, tuned to 36-38 hertz for daily listening.

Take the cut list that torre's box calculator provided you with on the upper right hand side of the program down to home depot. Have them cut you out a box, ask them for a 1/8" tolerance, in hopes that it'll be 1/4" tolerance when they are done with it.

Couple things you should know... 5x7s are nothing great. A nice 5.25" or 6.5" component set with strategically placed tweeters on the front stage will definitely out perform most if not all 5 x 7 coax style speakers out there. Coaxial speakers in the rear stage will work just fine. Rear stage is a filler, nothing more. Power acoustic double dins are no good. I'd take a pioneer deh-4100ub over any power acoustic double din out there. I've owned a PA double din. Picture quality was grainy, eq was worthless, interface was annoying, and ipod/ usb adaptability sucked. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra $100 on the pioneer 3300. You'll be very happy you did. Alpine type Rs... Great sub for the money. Can't go wrong if you're on a budget. As far as 5 channels go, I've never been a huge fan of them... But this new hifonics one looks pretty promising and the reviews on it seem to be solid. I think it'll put out what you're looking for as far as power goes.

The list you had going was a mess. If you want a good looking system, keep it simple. If you're going to buy brand new amps, don't mix brands. I made you a $1300 list of equipment that would be a solid system if installed correctly. I'd be willing to bet that it would outperform the system that you were thinking of in price, sound quality, and cleanliness.

My $.02

EDIT: A pair of Fi BL subs probably wouldn't be as loud as a pair of SSDs off the power you're giving them. 1500 RMS is what the BLs like. You'd be maybe 750 rms each with the amp you chose.

You don't need 8 gauge wiring going to your subs 600-1000 Watt RMS subs. Check out the tinsel leads on your subs. That should give you an idea of what size wire you should run. You'd be fine with some 14 gauge cadence wire going to your subs.

Ditch the battery isolator. There's no reason. It will do more harm than good, possibly making the input voltage to the amp worse.

Archived