Second Skin Audio

Help or Advice on this box?

I am doing a build for one of my buddys. We are going to deciding between 2 Sundown SA-12's or 2 AQ SD2.5-12's. They will be powered by a Sundown 1500D @ 1 Ohm. This is the box I came up with and was wondering if you guys had any advise on improving it.

caddytorres.jpg

The top baffle will actually be cut to fit the sides of the trunk but I figured I would put it on there. The port is 15"s long and the reason why it sticks out like that is to meet up with a hole that is behind the backseat armrest, as you will see in the photos below. Also, when I do build it the port will be rounded off on the sides and where it goes between the seats will have a flare and be molded into the back seat.

caddybox1.jpg

caddybox2.jpg

Here are the pictures of the car...

0810112153.jpg

0810112156.jpg

If you want to make improvements, I uploaded the Sketchup file here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0q8qnexp6mshh3

Thanks for looking and look forward to hearing from you all

Edited by LoudBurp

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

Bump for input by others

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

more port area id say around 12 per cube

Thats the problem, for the port to come in between the seats like that, that is the biggest port I can run. The hole is almost exactly 8x7 which leaves the inside dimensions at 6.5x5.5. That roughly 8"^2 per cube. I normally run around 12 per, but this one is giving me issues. So, do you think I should shrink the box a little?

Edited by LoudBurp

Best of Luck and Cheers!

A 6" aeroport or 3 4" aeros may work well and allow you to port where you want. Just a thought...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Why not use aeroports and port through the rear deck?

I was thinking of aeros, but I don't know how long they would have to be.

A 6" aeroport or 3 4" aeros may work well and allow you to port where you want. Just a thought...

I think the 6" would have to be sticking in the box like the port I have drawn up, and I have no idea how I would make that work. Although 2 4" might work. Let me play around with it and I will see what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback!

Best of Luck and Cheers!

So I was a retard when I posted the last box pics. I forgot that I resized the port for tuning. I resized it to the max allowable size and the port is now 22 inchs long. The only problem I can foresee is that the back of the port is 2.25" away from the back of the baffle. Do you think this could be a problem? Here is the Torres and SketchUps. Let me know what you think.

redesigntorres.jpg

caddyredesign2.jpg

caddyredesign1.jpg

The SketchUp file is here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?m08njqm13j143b5

Edited by LoudBurp

Best of Luck and Cheers!

..... port through the rear deck?

So I measured it out through the rear deck and I could make the port 9x9 which is 7.5x7.5 and it would have to be like 22-26 inchs long which means I would have to put a bend in it. So, I am stuck. Should I do it like I have in the pics I posted on my last post(where the port is 2.25" away from the baffle)? Or should I run it through the rear deck by take out the factory sub?

Any opinions?

(I work all weekend, so I won't be able to post a SketchUp of what the rear deck port would look like till Monday....sorry)

Best of Luck and Cheers!

I would not suggest building the enclosure with the port only 2.25" from the back wall. I'd try to keep it 5.5" away.

I can't comment on the rear deck as I've never messed with one.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.