Tuning with the DD-1

I purchased a DD-1 and I would like help on figuring out how to tune my current setup with it. My current setup contains:

(2) Soundstream XBP-10 Processors

(6) Soundstream DTR1.3400D Amps

I'm running (3) amps per processor. Before I purchased the DD-1, I use to just go through and match the gain on each amp using a DMM. How would I go about doing it now? :unsure:

Edited by gotti

“I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.” - John Gotti

Thanks for the feedbacks. I've looked at both of the videos mentioned, but I really don't remember seeing anything that answered my question. If I recall neither video dealt with setting multiple subwoofer amps. I'll go back and look at them both again. The Pulse one had several parts, I could've missed something.

“I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.” - John Gotti

Sorry, I misread the question. I overlooked the fact that there were 6 amplifiers and jumped to the part about there being processors in line.

This is just me talking out of my ass. I could be 100% off.

I would think you set them all with the DD1, then use the DMM to decrease output to the lowest common denominator.

I'm interested in the actual answer though.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Sorry, I misread the question. I overlooked the fact that there were 6 amplifiers and jumped to the part about there being processors in line.

This is just me talking out of my ass. I could be 100% off.

I would think you set them all with the DD1, then use the DMM to decrease output to the lowest common denominator.

I'm hoping someone on this site can answer the question. Afterall, this is the Home of the DD-1!

Maybe I can do everything the Pulse video mentioned to set each set of amps one at a time. Then go back and check all the gains after they have been set, so that I can then average each set of amps. That should get them all matched and below clipping. I'm just afraid that I may not get the maximum output this way.

Does any of what I just said make sense to anybody? :search:

That's the answer ;)

Maybe I can do everything the Pulse video mentioned to set each set of amps one at a time. Then go back and check all the gains after they have been set, so that I can then average each set of amps. That should get them all matched and below clipping. I'm just afraid that I may not get the maximum output this way.

Does any of what I just said make sense to anybody? :search:

No, if you average one will clip and one won't. You either match them or you have some playing louder than others which you don't want.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

As was already said, tune them all with the DD-1. Then throw your DMM on them and measure the outputs in AC volts. Find the amp that is putting out the lowest voltage and turn all of the other ones down to that point. Run over everything again with your DD-1 (without adjusting anything)to make sure it's all fine.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

So in the end, I'll end up with a system that has no distortion but is gain matched to put out lowest match voltage from my amps? So instead of getting over 20,000 watts out of my system, I'll end up somewhere under 20,000 watts. :wtf: I guess I should of run all (12) DTR1.3400Ds that I have. :faintthud: