Dual 13" Boston Acoustics SPG555 Subwoofers ExtremeBass420 Build

looks good man, I hear ya on saving for college, startin in 2 weeks

I wish you good luck Rich, I figured if I can save a couple bucks here and there I might as well. haha

Some people may agree, others not so much. But I think for what you have the install is clean. You will find you will learn a lot here, and find a wealth of new information.

I may have a nice setup now, but if you look at what I started with :trippy: :trippy:

Clean install man.

Do you have any electrical upgrades? Big 3?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

is the enclosure you have now a sealed enclosure

pioneer avic-n3 w ipod adapter

clarion eq

infinity kappa perfect 6.1

infinity kappa perfect 5.25

infinity kappa 6x9's

2 boston spg555's

Boston acoustics gt-42

Boston acoustics gt-28

Boston acoustics gt-28

Big 3

Knu 0 gauge

Optima battery

looks good man, I hear ya on saving for college, startin in 2 weeks

I wish you good luck Rich, I figured if I can save a couple bucks here and there I might as well. haha

Some people may agree, others not so much. But I think for what you have the install is clean. You will find you will learn a lot here, and find a wealth of new information.

I may have a nice setup now, but if you look at what I started with :trippy: :trippy:

Clean install man.

Do you have any electrical upgrades? Big 3?

I really should, but I don't have any plans to do so at this time.

is the enclosure you have now a sealed enclosure

It's ported, It's built to the same specs as Bostons G-Tuned box for this sub.

are these subs 13 wide or 13 tall?

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

i've actually heard these subs before and they sound nice. i'd love to hear 4-8 of them on a nice size amp.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Got any pics of the new box.. i have 2 of these as well and was looking for some feedback on the box build and how you like them.. thx

pioneer avic-n3 w ipod adapter

clarion eq

infinity kappa perfect 6.1

infinity kappa perfect 5.25

infinity kappa 6x9's

2 boston spg555's

Boston acoustics gt-42

Boston acoustics gt-28

Boston acoustics gt-28

Big 3

Knu 0 gauge

Optima battery

It is 15" East to West, and 10" North to South, making it able to hit a wider range of notes than the average subwoofer. I am amazed at what this sub can do, and I will keep adding more of these to my vehicle as time goes by hopefully.

Thanks for the dimensions I was wondering too, I do question your statement about it being able to hit a wider range of notes... What do you mean by that?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Bad news, the 2 ohm Boston SPG555 subwoofer im running right now in my trunk just randomly stopped working today. Didn't make any sounds or anything, wasn't extremely hot, was only bumping for maybe 8 minutes or so, and it just cut out and completely stopped working. I have no idea what is wrong or what to do with it, but im pretty pissed.

Anyhow, the sub box that is being built for 2 of them is being built on thursday, which who knows now since 1 subwoofer just stopped working today.

And since it is 10" by 15" it gets the great benefit of being able to fit into a trunk like a 10" sub would.

Archived