Second Skin Audio

Trying to Tune My Box To 33hz ..... I'm Lost!

dereileak

A lot of guys, including myself have suggested sealing the box and running it that way. He's so bent on wanting a ported enclosure that he's gonna do it. I wish he'd pull the trigger on the sealed, for accuracy reasons. Not everyone needs a ported enclosure....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

In the end whatever makes you happy. We know you already have the 15's, but what everyone trying to say is your choking them in a small sealed box with a hole in it. The suggestions of going down to 12's in the right box isn't bad at all. That design looks good if it works that will be cool. Good luck.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

In the end whatever makes you happy. We know you already have the 15's, but what everyone trying to say is your choking them in a small sealed box with a hole in it. The suggestions of going down to 12's in the right box isn't bad at all. That design looks good if it works that will be cool. Good luck.

lol, huh? :peepwall:

But yea, the easier route is sealed, No new nothing. Just sealed and bump, end of story. And it will be just as good as two 12s in the right box. (well, sort of.) lol

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

yes 22.5x2.5.. but i cannot lie i agree with everyone else i would just seal it as well but i mean if you wanted a solution to a decent port setup there you go. in that little car the movement of air will still be substantial sealed, and sound clean. but in the end its up to you.

Seriously still trying to do this port?

Damn man. Just stuff it with polyfill sealed and bump already.

about 8 inches per cubic foot

that's pretty tiny imo. a properly done sealed box > a poorly done ported box. you're trying to get too much out of too little thinking it will sound good just because it's ported. wrong direction to go in. but if you build it and are happy with it, no worries then i guess

Yepp. Far too small for my likings personally.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

well then, hmmm, I have an idea, I will try it sealed, if its not to my liking, then I will port it, since its an external port, then there is no problem adding it, just feel like I am loosing out on a lot of spl going sealed, I do want sq no doubt, im going for that, but idk, the box really is as big as it can get, idk if that port would even fit in the car, so ye, thanks for the multiple inputs people :D

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Now you are thinking outside your box...no pun intended :ehh:

BUT, if you are worried about loss of SPL, then you would do what you have to do to make it right. Wall off your hatch and make the complete hatch a box, but leave enough room for the amps on the back. Trust me, if you cared that much about SPL, you would do what you have to do for every .1 db

Get a vid up of it sealed and let us know what you think. I think you will likey.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Now you are thinking outside your box...no pun intended :ehh:

BUT, if you are worried about loss of SPL, then you would do what you have to do to make it right. Wall off your hatch and make the complete hatch a box, but leave enough room for the amps on the back. Trust me, if you cared that much about SPL, you would do what you have to do for every .1 db

Get a vid up of it sealed and let us know what you think. I think you will likey.

+1

guys this box so far is amazing, its so tight, super loud, and im a little worried about my windshield, its flexing it like a bitch, i want to try ported, but dont want to ruin this box, I could make some kind of closing mechanism on the port so I can switch back and forth :D motorize it and everything, click a button that instantly adds 3db's for comps, and closes it to go back to sq mode!!! that would be bad ass

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Sq + kicker doesn't mix. That being said, stick with the sealed. Cutting a hole in it isn't worth it for that tiny amount of port, and your sealed box is probably going to be much deeper than the ported since your f3 is so high in that small box.

Archived