2 way active vs 3 way active?

tonedeaf

I've looked at this a tad and am not sure what I want to go. I've seen a ton of sq guys use both...just mainly personal preferece? What do you prefer and why?

Looking for a mean frontstage...have a set of hertz hsk165 and was just told they might be nice knockoffs. (got them off eBay for like $130 so not out too much money. Will probably be using a audison bit ten for the processor and am considering new mids/tweets. I have the chance to get a nice set of Mille midrange if I wanted to go 3 way, just waiting on the cash. As for the hertz, should I get another set of the hertz mods tweets like I planned or are these likely knockoffs? What mid/tweet setup (or 3way) would you guys suggest looking into. I'm not looking to win sq comps or anything, just looking for a killer fronstage that isn't totally overthrown by my wall when I start the build for it.

3-way is the way to go, either active or passive. Just much cleaner sound when each speaker has a dedicated frequency range. About the Hertz, open your crossover and see if it says "Nertz" on the board instead of Hertz. The knockoff mids are pretty good but the tweeters suck balls. I got a set of legit Hertz HT28 tweeters BNIB for sale if your interested.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yeah, says nertz ftfl. I had them hooked up for a bit and the tweets sounded very weak...so fuck me. I may just call a hertz dealer or find some suggestions on some speakers and go with a couple new sets. Won't bitch about a warranty either. :lol:

Saw you getting rid of your hertz too which is what made me curious. Hrmmm...I may hollar at you for those tweets if k stay with the hertz. 2 way active is just more convenient as I'd like to keep it all in the door. Hrmmm...maybe I can fit a midrange in the doors too...

^ yes

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

if you dont care about staging i would definitely go with a 3way front stage. you can get a speaker thats designed for that frequency range and be able to put more power to it without it sounding distorted.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

3way fo shizzle.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived