Sonic Electronix

Um...I (definitely do not) have an issue with my DD1

EDIT: I'll keep this here since future people may encounter a similar issue. This is in no way a problem with the DD1. This was 100% a BJD3 made a mistake and his noobishness kept him from seeing it. Do not let anything say here sway your opinion of this device. That said, let the embarrassment of BJD3 begin.

My amp no longer has output. I drove around a bit (needed to get a 9v). Everything was fine. I come back, unhook my RCAs, plug them into the dd1, find out I wasn't clipping at the head unit (didn't figure I was).

I turn off all the amp's stuff (subsonic, low pass, double checked the never used bass boost) plug the rcas back in...dd1 doesn't detect. figuring the connection was poor, I push the rcas in further, reseat the alligator clip, and reseat the positive probe...nothing. I try moving the positive probe over to the negitive terminal of the amplifier (yes, I do read manuals)...nothing. Completely remove the amplifier, go back to RCAs in DD1...detect. Back to amplifier...nothing. Put speaker wires from subwoofer back to amp...nothing.

Suggestions?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Which amp? Sub or full range? I was having a problem but it was just me being dumb.. Just try putting the positive in all speaker locations for output. And make sure you have the volume on some..

Which amp? Sub or full range? I was having a problem but it was just me being dumb.. Just try putting the positive in all speaker locations for output. And make sure you have the volume on some..

Sub. The only one I have at current...

I did that. I still didn't get anything.

The volume knob never moved from when I did the RCA detecting. I doubt that would change.

The low pass is set all the way to the right at 200hz.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I should also note that the amp still powers on, there is just no output. EDIT:just to check, I pulled all the fuses. They also check out fine.

I've also tried with the remote gain knob all the way up, all the way down, and completely unplugged.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

why are you @ 200hz on lowpass?

You turn off all crossovers when setting your gains. Since I can't turn my crossovers "off" you set them to their most open setting.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived