So would anyone know where to get a good quality h/o alternator w/o spending around the $600 i would spend at dc power? I checked mechman an they didnt have an alternator for my vehicale so emailed them to see what it would cost for them to make one. just waiting on reply from them

Its been mentioned once, but did you check with singeralternators?

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

So would anyone know where to get a good quality h/o alternator w/o spending around the $600 i would spend at dc power? I checked mechman an they didnt have an alternator for my vehicale so emailed them to see what it would cost for them to make one. just waiting on reply from them

yes also waiting on a reply from them

your not just paying for the name for DC, most of DCs alts do tons of power at idle speed, and even more at the normal reved speed..

mechman

DC

Ohio gen

Ive never seen singer alts, but heard some good storys about his..

they are expensive for a reason LOL, you get what you pay for in this business man, its worth it to not cheap out on something that might not work

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

have gotten quotes on h/o alternators from: DC: 250a for $589. https://www.dcpowerinc.com/ quality power auto:250a for $330. http://www.qualitypowerauto.com Mike Singer: 260a for $375. http://singeralternators.com/ still waiting on reply from mechman and ohio gen

Anyone have experience with quality power auto, or mike singer? im pretty sure everyones experience with dc is nothing but good but trying not to break my pockets. an extra 200 could always go towards something else

Edited by KenC210

Never heard of quality power auto, I'd pick mechman, dc or singer. Pretty much everyone that has them is happy with them I'd say. The mechman one will most likely ve $449 or $509 though..that's what they generally are if I remember right

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i have had great luck with my 250amp alt for my ford from Mike Singer. Great customer service. never a problem at all alt showed up within a week, packaged really well. all around a great transaction. :drink40:

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Sounds like you have many good options. The only company that would help me from half way around the world...

They reworked what I have..its far from the ideal solution but it puts out a lot more power now costs a bit more but its all good now.

IMG_1454.jpg

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order