57 members have voted

1. 1. Which car?

• 2001 SVT Ford Cobra
    • Dodge Neon SRT-4 Complete Mopar Stage 3RS

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/16512.shtml

MPG 15 city/ 23 high

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/19566.shtml

22 city/ 29 highway

Not that far off from each other. :pardon: This honestly, is amusing. Especially the neon being a head turner. I'll go back to my original thought here. There is no replacement for displacement.

BTW, how old are you? I only ask because you mentioned you thought about the insurance, but not the fuel and you want to cars which aren't remotely close to each other in terms of everything.

Meh, it's your choice. Get the one you want, but when we make suggestions, don't get butt hurt...especially being new here.

I'm 18 years old. But i'm gonna point out again...i am not going to be the primary driver of this car, it's going on my parent's insurance policy. So the rate will go up, but it's not gonna be like it would if I was the primary driver. I'm not getting butt hurt, i'm just trying to explain myself. ANDDD i'm not new here, this is the first time i've used my facebook account to log in tho. my user name is osamio

Still no clue who you are. Doesn't matter if you are the primary driver or not. Not what I was getting at. I think, honestly, you should save up for a couple years and get the one you want. You're 18 and have many years ahead of you. Don't jump out and break yourself. If gas is an issue, then this should be reason enough to reconsider both vehicles. Just saying.

I figured you were asking my age because of the insurance situation. I don't NEED to save a couple of years if i can afford the car i want now. this is STILL not the point of the original post. I asked opinions on WHICH car. not whether or not i should get a car or if i can afford it etc..

here ill put it this way this is a vid of a close friend of mines car its a stage 3 with a couple bolt ons and its only gettin about 18psi so u have a clue of how bad it torque steers and my friend is a 250 pound marine thats all muscle and it still torques on him

That doesn't look to be a Stage 3RS. It wouldn't have the suspension set up if it's just stage 3 or if it's an AGP stage 3 and not mopar. I can't tell any of that from the video, you would know not me haha. BUT this doesn't change the fact that i test drove one, and it wasn't too bad.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/16512.shtml

MPG 15 city/ 23 high

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/19566.shtml

22 city/ 29 highway

Not that far off from each other. :pardon: This honestly, is amusing. Especially the neon being a head turner. I'll go back to my original thought here. There is no replacement for displacement.

BTW, how old are you? I only ask because you mentioned you thought about the insurance, but not the fuel and you want to cars which aren't remotely close to each other in terms of everything.

Meh, it's your choice. Get the one you want, but when we make suggestions, don't get butt hurt...especially being new here.

they both get about the same mpg the srt4 stage 3 burns through gas alot more than a stock srt4 se

I figured as much and considering it is mostly the driver, it will be even worse. Honestly, I doubt this kid gets either car. :drinks:

Where are these derogatory comments coming from? i didn't start this pole for you to judge my age and financial situation. This is ridiculous. I work at as an apprentice at a Mercedes dealership here in phoenix. I'm a full time student at UTI for automotive technology. I have 9 ASE certifications,the pro-cut on car brake lathe certification, i'm EPA 609 certified, All-Data certified, and Ford technical customer handling certiefied. I'm in Ford acclerated credential training and in about 4 months i will be 4 creds away from being a ford master technician. if you don't think a resume like that can make enough money to buy a neon, you are mistaken. If you REALLY wan't to go here... I'll back up everything i'm saying.

You may want to read back thru your own posts. Like I said, if gas is the deal breaker you may want to reconsider, therefore, I doubt you'd get either. These cars are complete opposites of each other. Not even comparable. You asked the question, we give responses, you don't like them and seem to get snippy. I was simply stating you need to explore all avenues before considering. Trust me. I have been where you are...many years ago. Then you post like the Neon is what you want. I could care less what certs you have...

Why am I even responding? LoL. Good luck and post pics when you get the Pri....errr Neon. :drinks:

PS..My bad for trying to help a youngster make better decisions in a fucked up economy. How dare I!! Good luck. lol

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived