Which car should I choose? same question as the other guy :P

Which oneee???  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which car?

• 2001 SVT Ford Cobra
    • Dodge Neon SRT-4 Complete Mopar Stage 3RS

If you want to be noticed like you said.. why would you even consider a neon? its a neon..

People are takin this the wrong way.. I'm not trying to get random people to be interested in the car and stuff. I want it to stand out to people WITHIN the groups that own and drive these cars. A factory cobra isn't gonna mean anything to the people that own fully built and blown cobras... But RIGHT NOW i could get a neon that will hold it's own with most of the 4 cyl turbos out there, as well as most v6 and most N/A v8s. It WILL be noticed around those types of people. This isn't REALLY my priority anyway, my priority is a fast car, especially from a roll, that gets decent enough gas mileage for my commute, and it needs to be reliable and easily repairable because it's my daily. I'm honestly leaning toward the cobra.

Get Manual car no automatic..

Oh i know haha. I'd never buy an auto. Well the car i drive now is auto but it has manual mode ha. I don't think they even make srt-4s or cobras in auto.... but ya i won't get an auto no worries.

srt4s never cam in auto and do u even realize how much power a real stage 3 should have stock srt4 can be boosted to make 300 whp stage 3 should be able to make well over 400 to the wheels 400 whp in a car that small if u can drive u will eat most things. but like i said before a 1st gen neon ie 96-99 with a stock srt4 engine would DESTROY a stage 3. the srt4 yes is still a neon but in the same aspect its not every neon before it came with a 2.0 and of the year that the srt4 came out they were all 2.0 sohc the srt4 is a 2.4 turbo its not ment to be fucked with. have u ever even test drove the 2 cars ur even talking about?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Oh i know haha. I'd never buy an auto. Well the car i drive now is auto but it has manual mode ha. I don't think they even make srt-4s or cobras in auto.... but ya i won't get an auto no worries.

srt4s never cam in auto and do u even realize how much power a real stage 3 should have stock srt4 can be boosted to make 300 whp stage 3 should be able to make well over 400 to the wheels 400 whp in a car that small if u can drive u will eat most things. but like i said before a 1st gen neon ie 96-99 with a stock srt4 engine would DESTROY a stage 3. the srt4 yes is still a neon but in the same aspect its not every neon before it came with a 2.0 and of the year that the srt4 came out they were all 2.0 sohc the srt4 is a 2.4 turbo its not ment to be fucked with. have u ever even test drove the 2 cars ur even talking about?

Yes i've driven two srt-4s, one of them stage 3RS, and a blown cobra. I have yet to drive a stock 01 cobra, but i've driven my buddy's 03 mach 1, which is basically the same car with less power. I can't engine swap the car i buy, it is my daily, i can't do any big builds like that. The srt-4 can eat anything, but they break alot, especially the transaxle/CVs. They are very fast cars, but they have problems with traction through the first 3 gears... and they WILL NOT hang with a kenne bell cobra... which is my ultimate goal if i were to go that route. I agree, the stage 3 can be boosted well over 400. A quick youtube search will bring you to some that are 5-600+. My friend at school has one pushing 560hp with meth injection. (i have vids and pics if you guys want to keep calling bs). BUT they require major mods to get there, on top of the stage 3, big one being the fuel system and trans components. The cobra can reach the 400 mark N/A with cams and air flow mods... And with a supercharger and fuel system, it will FAR exceed anything an srt-4 could do. but it takes money and time that i don't have.

Yes i've driven two srt-4s, one of them stage 3RS, and a blown cobra. I have yet to drive a stock 01 cobra, but i've driven my buddy's 03 mach 1, which is basically the same car with less power. I can't engine swap the car i buy, it is my daily, i can't do any big builds like that. The srt-4 can eat anything, but they break alot, especially the transaxle/CVs. They are very fast cars, but they have problems with traction through the first 3 gears... and they WILL NOT hang with a kenne bell cobra... which is my ultimate goal if i were to go that route. I agree, the stage 3 can be boosted well over 400. A quick youtube search will bring you to some that are 5-600+. My friend at school has one pushing 560hp with meth injection. (i have vids and pics if you guys want to keep calling bs). BUT they require major mods to get there, on top of the stage 3, big one being the fuel system and trans components. The cobra can reach the 400 mark N/A with cams and air flow mods... And with a supercharger and fuel system, it will FAR exceed anything an srt-4 could do. but it takes money and time that i don't have.

Mach 1's actually make more whp than the 99-01 Cobra due to the better flowing heads and cams setup.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Mach 1's actually make more whp than the 99-01 Cobra due to the better flowing heads and cams setup.

The 99 and 01 cobras do not make the same whp. and i find it hard to believe the cobra making 320hp makes less whp than the mach 1 with the exact same engine only putting out 305hp. But even if it does, i'd rather have an 01 cobra trim... leather seats... suede inserts... SVT package.. cobra badges, etc.

All of you people dogging this youngster need to give him a break, true he is not a master tech but he is in school trying to better himself which is a lot more than can be said for most people nowadays. And I doubt any reputable shop would give him master tech pay right out of school. ASE's look great on resume's but experience trumps everything. I have A1-A8 and L1 certifications and have been for a very long time. I can tell you from first hand experience the new guy out of school doesnt demand or deserve top pay until he has proven himself. I have a tech that has 1 ASE and he is the 2nd highest paid tech in the shop following me whereas a guy has a degree and 6 ase's and he makes the same as a non certified tech (15-15.50frh).

Why do you run the lower skilled techs away from your "better" guys? That makes no sense, let them pick up tricks and learn from the vet. Id rather have a shop full of guys that can do the same job than a shop with a few good guys and a bunch of slackers and shop bitches?

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

btw srt's do break a lot and they are still neons.....if you are serious about building the mustang go with it. Id rather wait and get what I want instead of settling for what i can have now..... ps shoulda bought a chevy

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

All of you people dogging this youngster need to give him a break, true he is not a master tech but he is in school trying to better himself which is a lot more than can be said for most people nowadays. And I doubt any reputable shop would give him master tech pay right out of school. ASE's look great on resume's but experience trumps everything. I have A1-A8 and L1 certifications and have been for a very long time. I can tell you from first hand experience the new guy out of school doesnt demand or deserve top pay until he has proven himself. I have a tech that has 1 ASE and he is the 2nd highest paid tech in the shop following me whereas a guy has a degree and 6 ase's and he makes the same as a non certified tech (15-15.50frh).

Why do you run the lower skilled techs away from your "better" guys? That makes no sense, let them pick up tricks and learn from the vet. Id rather have a shop full of guys that can do the same job than a shop with a few good guys and a bunch of slackers and shop bitches?

Thank you for getting where i am coming from. And I understand i won't make top pay, but the situation you are describing is me graduating from UTI and going to work applying for a job, getting hired, working under a master tech..etc... But that is not how the Manufacturer Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) programs at UTI work. For example... my friend rory, the guy that originally convinced me to go to UTI... graduated at the beginning of last year from UTI with all auto/deisel/industrial classes, and went through the International MSAT called ITEP. It's exclusive to students who qualify academically and pass an interview process, just like PTAP that i am shooting for. He now works for Navistar, and makes 80K a year. A lot of the guys going through BMW STEP, Porsche PTAP and even Ford FACT tell a similar story. I understand you start at the bottom if you walk off the street and apply for a job. But if you go through an MSAT, receive factory training, and top level certs.. then signed up for a 3-5 year contract and receive housing relocation assistance, and tuition reimbursment... you don't really start at the bottom. Earning the privilege takes the grades, attendance, and attitude/work ethic to get there... and so far i think i have a good chance. PTAP maybe not... (40/6000+ UTI students per year, although idk how many actually apply)... but i think my chances of getting into BMW Step are pretty good. I guess we'll see. But setting myself up with a strong resume and work experience can't hurt.

Archived