Second Skin Audio

Another tline "?"!!!!!!!

I don't believe so. I've heard one t line, a rockford fosgate t2 12 off about 1000 rms and it was tuned to 44hz to match his bass boost. Not sure exact hz but to the ear it dropped pretty low and clean. I remembered him saying the port area was really important, but not too sure though.

'04 Walled Monte Carlo

daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7

DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3)

RF T400.4

Mechman 320

XS D3100, D3400

https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1

well thats just turrible tuning to the bass boost, LOL but to each his own

forevrbumpn has stated that tlines can normally play well up to an octave below and above tuning, however sani is also right saying higher tuning can hurt the ability to play lows

a lot of it is how close to the t/s of the sub you build the tline, as well as whether its a constant port area tline or a taper tline or a bandpass tline, if you need to lower port area, see if you can taper it from 150 to 140 rather than just going with a lower port area, tapering may help with space issues and should still offer good response

as always with tline questions you should also check the sticky in the enclosure thread and see if others have had a similar issue or hope to get more responses hear by people that may have more experience with tlines

edit: also dont try to get more out of a tline than it can give, tlines arent normally built with low end monster bass in mind, their normally for tight accurate bass response within a good range of tuning and also for getting loud on lower power

Edited by kynto

Wait got confused i meant higher...so from 35hz to like,40hz. Would i loose and low bass??

Depends on the Qms and Qts of the sub. Some will dip down pretty low below tuning but the tuning itself controls the movement of the sub at the tuning frequency. Below tuning, the sub tends to unload. Port area, enclosure volume, cabin gain and Qts/Qms can all affect how low you can go below tuning.

In the most general sense, Tuning Higher = more SPL above tuning, less low end

Tuning Lower = Less SPL above tuning, subs reach deeper notes.

Anyone ever seen/heard of a u shaped tline with the subs in the middle??

Maybe not so much in the middle, but a little space off the closed end of the line can help with loading...

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.