Second Skin Audio

help! problems wiring 6 subs

not sure if i'm posting in the correct forum...i'm trying to wire 6 dual 4ohm 10's to a 1.33ohm load. wiring them in series/parallel...problem is i can't seem to get it right. i've followed 4 different diagrams and still can't get it right. i've got all the subs going, but it's reading 5.1ohm at the amp. what could my problem be? i've got my + to the amp coming off sub #1 and - coming from sub #4.

not sure if i'm posting in the correct forum...i'm trying to wire 6 dual 4ohm 10's to a 1.33ohm load. wiring them in series/parallel...problem is i can't seem to get it right. i've followed 4 different diagrams and still can't get it right. i've got all the subs going, but it's reading 5.1ohm at the amp. what could my problem be? i've got my + to the amp coming off sub #1 and - coming from sub #4.

Youve got the wrong coils tied together. You need to have the postive from one coil to the negative on the other coil. Run the positives from 3 subs out and 3 negatives out. Do the same on the other three subs and when they meet the amp(if its a mono) they will have a 1.33 load. Each set of three will bring 2.67 ohms to the party.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i'm using the wiring diagram from jl audio. have you seen that diagram? should i wire three and three, then they all meet at the amp?

Youve got the wrong coils tied together. You need to have the postive from one coil to the negative on the other coil. Run the positives from 3 subs out and 3 negatives out. Do the same on the other three subs and when they meet the amp(if its a mono) they will have a 1.33 load. Each set of three will bring 2.67 ohms to the party.

Jl audio has a diagram on this. That's how i initially wired mine. But Sierra is correct. Series each woofer than parallel all remaining coils

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I don't need to see the wiring diagram you're referring to. As simple as you can keep it in you head, is the best way to do it. That's why I suggest doing 3 and 3 so you can keep everything coherent while youre doing it. Try to go to the12volt.com or rockford fosgate's site and select 3 D4 for the option.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i appreciate the help. i'm going to try the rockford 3 d4 and see what happens.

I don't need to see the wiring diagram you're referring to. As simple as you can keep it in you head, is the best way to do it. That's why I suggest doing 3 and 3 so you can keep everything coherent while youre doing it. Try to go to the12volt.com or rockford fosgate's site and select 3 D4 for the option.

And I thought I had issues wiring 4 subs.. Kudos to you man.

VfA79.jpg

2004 Melky Toyota Scion xB

Kenwood Touchscreen Headunit

4 15" Kicker CVR

4 6" Audiopipe

6 8" Audiopipe

6 Tweeters Audiopipe

1 Rockford Fosgate T2500.1 bd

1 Lanzar 3000

1 Audiopipe 1500

2 Optimum YellowTop Batteries

The Big Three

19" rims

and more..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119197-build-log-scion-xb-4-15-kicker/