Sonic Electronix

How does that exactly change the sub output? Reason I was saying I didn't want a "gain" knob as they where saying is because if it changes the gain that would be dumb, but if this is changes it differently how so?

It cuts the output from the deck. Basically think of it not as turning bass up, but more turning it down.

When its all the way up, its the same as if it weren't there.

Exactly, great to have when the cops are around and you dont want to have to turn the music down too.

Those RCA knobs don't affect the gain on the amp. they have resistors in them as you turn the knob to lower the bass your really just adding resistance for the sound as it travels threw the RCAs. Just think of it like a water valve

Edit: snaps you beat me to it

Edited by barney91

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

K, so if I got one, Should I turn it the knob all the way up, and set my gain on my bass amp from there? Also if if I where to do this, would it change where my gain would be set with and without it. Say if I have it set with the knob at 100% the gain gets set at 1/2, if I didn't would the gain probably get set around 3/4 or 4/5?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

K, so if I got one, Should I turn it the knob all the way up, and set my gain on my bass amp from there? Also if if I where to do this, would it change where my gain would be set with and without it. Say if I have it set with the knob at 100% the gain gets set at 1/2, if I didn't would the gain probably get set around 3/4 or 4/5?

Yes. For what it is you want to do. That is the method you would want.

I doubt it would make that big a difference if one at all. I can't tell you with 100% certainty that it has absolutely positively no effect, but I doubt it would be a measurable one.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

set gains with knob about 3/4 up and call it done that easy bro

dont make it harder then it is

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Well i really see no point to having a gain knob when you get your gains set properly, that's why I don't want one because I don't want to mess with my gain once it's set. That's why I want a bass knob for the boost, I got a demo from Kranny who has 2 DC lvl 3 12's on a AQ1200d with a bass knob and that shit went nuts when he turned that knob up.

Kranny's AQ1200 has a bass gain knob with clipping indicator. NOT a bass boost knob.

And how is it that I've seen Kranny at 3-4 shows this year and I've never heard his set up yet you have :angry2:

I was just asking that because I have no access to a Oscope anymore, and wanted to know if I where to just plug it in with my gains set how they are if I would need to reset or go easy on the knob until I get them reset.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm