Sonic Electronix

How much power/ground cable to buy?

I have a 98 Expedition. Truck is about 17ft long...

I'm running a DC 5k. It requires 2 runs of power and 2 runs of ground.

You guys think 50ft of power wire and 25ft of ground wire would suffice? Or should I buy more? And what brand of OFC 1/0 should I get?

I also need advice as to what fuse holders I should buy, which RCAs I should buy, as well as speaker wire.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

you need as much power cable as you need ground. if you have a stock alt, one run from the front battery to the back batteries should be good enough. if you have a HO alt then i would do two runs, two positive, two negative.

rcas, ive had good luck with these for noise rejection

http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/showsearchresults.asp?idcategory=115&customfield=&SearchValues=&priceFrom=&priceUntil=&withstock=&sku=&IDBrand=&keyWord=stinger+hpm&exact=&resultCnt=36&order=&iPageCurrent=1&pageStyle=L

fuse holder and speaker wire is all up to you. just use what you need, nothing special to it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

no problem kid

oh, just dont get that knukoncepts 10awg wire thats twisted together inside another jacket. its the biggest pain in the ass to strip.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Knukonceptz has reasonably priced fuse holders and I prefer kicker hyperflex but knukoncepts has ofc that is super thick too

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Just got (2) 50ft spools of Trystar 1/0.

Need speaker wire, fuses, fuse holders, RCAs, and ring terminals.

I am having a tough time deciding what speaker wire to buy. And I need to know how many fuse holders/fuses I need. And what size fuses I need.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

just to be safe i go with 250amp fuses. you need two per positive run.

speaker wire i would just get a bunch of 8awg or 10awg. 10awg will be easier to get two wires into one speaker terminal if you need to do that.

Archived