Second Skin Audio

how do i change a boxs tuning without building a new box?

we'll i built a new box and, well my tuning aint what i wanted, if i can go from 12'' in hight of my port down to atleast 6'' it will drop my tuning a ton

i used thores box tuning calc to check what my tuning is, and it was about what i thought it would be, im in the high 50htz range :noob: , i wanted in the 30's

box is 15'' high, 24'' wide, 11'' deep, this is the best i could do and still keep space, box has 2 10's in it powered with 1000rms give or take, even with no ssf i cant hit any lows lol, subs hardly move

can someone help me please lol :clapping::pardon:

i know about sealed boxs somewhat but this is why i hate ported boxs

says my box is a little over 1.5cf or so, might be more but to be honest i think im around 1cf with sub displacement, im thinking of inverting the subs to see if that helps a little

and ive heard that "filling" your port to size it down will lower tuning also, i can almost full tilt the truck and i hardly feel any air out of the port and subs dont move, i cover half of the port and its a fukin hurricane but still not the best output, i get more bass from my 6&1/2's than this box,

my old box was around 2cf or so tuned to around 36htz and pounded the hell out of the lows, shook my truck, with same speakers, i dunno what to do, i cant build many more boxs due to how much wood costs, its built out of 7/8'' cabnet grade birch plywood

i want something simple if its possable, im thinking to get rid of port all together, put a port baffle on the box and use 2 2'' ports about 8'' long to see how that works or 1 3'' port

if it helps i listen to alot of rock and country but i like to pound lows a little bit with some decaf once in a while

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Sounds like you're talking in circles in this post and its still very vague. How do you have 5200 posts and not know how to build a box? :shrug:

You probably dont have near enough port and are choking them out. With too little port its basically like having a sealed box with a leak in it. Give port dimensions and ill see whats up.

Something doesn't seem right if they are barely moving and you can't feel any air from the port...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

cutting down the port = raising tuning, adding length to the port = lower the tuning...

you have 1.67 before port displacement, whats the dimensions of your port? if you are using torres box calculator, its not exactly hard man LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

port is 8'' deep by 6'' wide in a L shape

i have 5200 posts due to my knolage of everything else, i cant figure out ported boxs, i might just make this box sealed

its a common chamber

subs only need 1cf each sealed so it should be ok

and subs are soundstream vgw 10's http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5458_Soundstream-VGW-10.html

they are more of a sq sub but they got pritty loud, i was shaking a wooden table about 10-15ft away with my old ported box, it just took up to much space

i dunno, im not a dumbass i just dont know much about ported boxs, i can do sealed boxs good tho, might just cut a board to go over the port hole and see how that works, i got half of the port coverd and air flows out it like a boss, might have to do the parts express deal where u fill the port to make it smaller and drop tuning, it works how i did it, i dunno

why box is so small is i got a car seat in my truck so i do with what i got on space

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif