Sonic Electronix

I really don't have enough experience with either to tell you which would be louder. I'd suggest going to listen to them.

IIRC the 92 LS used a silk tweeter...is that that Nakamichi system? it's a little far from the mid, but the crossover point is about 5kHz. I'd go with the comps and do it right. The problem is I don;t know if crossovers are ON the speaker in that car or IN THE AMP. check on this.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

I really don't have enough experience with either to tell you which would be louder. I'd suggest going to listen to them.

IIRC the 92 LS used a silk tweeter...is that that Nakamichi system? it's a little far from the mid, but the crossover point is about 5kHz. I'd go with the comps and do it right. The problem is I don;t know if crossovers are ON the speaker in that car or IN THE AMP. check on this.

im pretty sure theyre in the amp. crossovers nowhere to be found on that door lol... and silk tweets? i could almost swear theyre metal looking and silk cas a covering to them no?

In my 07 yukon by the a pillars like close to the front windshield, there are 2 stock tweeter locations 1 on each side, 1 driver 1 passenger.

I never used those as i decided to cut those tweeters off and i drilled a hole on each a pillar to fit in my first set of diamond comps.

I bought a set of kicker ks25 1 inch tweeters about a week ago and im planning to either run those on the A pillars and then run a coaxial on the front doors.

However, now if i do get those p662 jbl components then i will have to find a place for those tweeters so i was thinking of putting the kickers in the stock location and the jbls in the a pillars giving me 4 tweeters and two mids.

Should i ditch the stock tweeter location go with a set of coaxials for the front doors and run my kickers on the A pillars,or

Should i run the kickers in the stock tweeter location, jbl components jbl tweeter in a pillars and midrange in th front doors?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

In my 07 yukon by the a pillars like close to the front windshield, there are 2 stock tweeter locations 1 on each side, 1 driver 1 passenger.

I never used those as i decided to cut those tweeters off and i drilled a hole on each a pillar to fit in my first set of diamond comps.

I bought a set of kicker ks25 1 inch tweeters about a week ago and im planning to either run those on the A pillars and then run a coaxial on the front doors.

However, now if i do get those p662 jbl components then i will have to find a place for those tweeters so i was thinking of putting the kickers in the stock location and the jbls in the a pillars giving me 4 tweeters and two mids.

Should i ditch the stock tweeter location go with a set of coaxials for the front doors and run my kickers on the A pillars,or

Should i run the kickers in the stock tweeter location, jbl components jbl tweeter in a pillars and midrange in th front doors?

those sound awesome with tweeters bouncing off the front glass...srs comment. keep the A-pillar tweets.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

and im not sure but it is the premium sound system. i know the head unit is a pioneer i belive said so on the back. i know theres and amp in the car too... just havent really looked for it. i believe its next to my antenna motor in the trunk somewhere

the XO will be a tiny cap (most likely a 22uf) on the back of the tweeter. if the xo are in the amp (back left corner in the trunk) then you won't need any passive crossover, it will actually make the setup sound worse. If you are going to start changing stuff, bypass the amp and put new amps in...don't go half-ass and end up spending more than you need to

Principal

• 1 month later...

The amp in a 92 ls is either the pionner amp or the nak

Both were located high in the pass kick behind glovebox.

Tweets are x-over at the tweeter simple cap.

Front doors are a bit rough to fit a full size 6 1/2 in.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived