lowering speed limit = less accidents?

I don't know how many accidents we've had on Hwy 68 over the past few years, but cause of this last one they decided that lowering the limit was the best course of action. I'd like to know who this genius is. This morning proved that people can't drive the limit on the interstate. The interstates around here are just 2 lanes. Well today some idiots...yes more than one...decided that the speed limit in the passing lane was 60 mph where as the other lane was going bout the same speed. I thought for sure there was going to be a wreck.

damn 3000 and 1 year of drivers training would be intense

If it meant people doing 55 in the left lane of the interstate would not be able to get a drivers license, I wouldnt mind it.I don't just have 3k laying around, but I would find a way to save it.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

lowering the speed limit wouldnt make for less wrecks, it would just make for less fatalities per wreck. my town (Billings MT) is switching a lot of the stop lights to round abouts because of this reason. there are more wrecks at round abouts, they are just at lower speeds and therefor will save a lot more lives than the stop lights where the person can speed as fast as they feel necessary to make a light.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Its funny how the law abiding citizens always get penalized for the actions of morons.

In this situation here: "Lowering the speed limit". What in the hell is lowering the speed limit going to do? The person that was responsible for causing the accident was intoxicated. Making rules for drunk people to follow isn't a very safe bet because chances are they more than likely won't follow them.

fucking amen....

its like gun laws, lets take away everyones guns, so only the people who dont follow rules have them..

its stupid to penalize the people who are doing the right thing, because of the people doing the wrong thing..

if anything i say give people who are doing the wrong thing, harsher punishments...

i bet that mother fucker who hit that family because he was driving under the influence wouldnt have been so likely to do that if we would chop his leg off for it...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

germany has teh best speed limit

race as fast as you can....but not in the tunnel...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

This recent accident was just 2 people a 24 year old girl (the one who was dui) and a 73 year old man (who later died) Now I don't know what the fine is for speeding or anything around here. I try to avoid the cops around here. So far I've done good, really don't wanna what fines are around here...got a hard enough time payin my stuff as is. If lowering the speed limit will make for safer driving then cool, I can always leave my house earlier. How ever I know that it wont lead to safer driving, hell just the other day my grandma met a car coming the oppisite direction on a one-way street. Fixing the speed limit wouldn't fix that problem....luckily this idiot didn't hit anyone head on.