Second Skin Audio

How to upgrade from a CVX

an SA isnt really an upgrade from a CVX.

get your system PROPERLY tuned then go from there.

depending on your wants and needs in the system i'd recommend different subs in accordance

:o:peepwall:

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

an SA isnt really an upgrade from a CVX.

get your system PROPERLY tuned then go from there.

depending on your wants and needs in the system i'd recommend different subs in accordance

This, and try it with a selfbuilded subbox threw the specs of your sub, the CVX initself is no bad sub!

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Running stock alt? If so power cant keep up. Same as my first system 2 15 kicker l7 and a hifonics hfi 2000, first song shakes the f^ck out of the car then you replay the song and your like wtf happened, wheres my bass....... :(

How are the hifonics speakers. Im running stock speakers so enything is better then stock. I hear there good for the money. Any input?

How does he need a new alt with maye 1500 watts of power? Not even sure if that hifonics does rated. I am running a 1k watt Rockford at .7 ohms and 400 watts to my highs and don't drop below 12.4 full tilt for hours with 1 d5100r xs battery and the big 3 done. It's probably the sub and amp getting hot...

I have already done all the ground wires and the alternator power wire, it is the stock alternator but it is brand new because my old one got replaced right before I did the system (didn't think about putting a system in at that time) and when I watch the voltage it barely ever goes below 13 volts, and I can leave it playing for hours and the truck still starts fine. Also when I said that I cant get enough volume I mean that even with the gain adjusted all the way up when I turn the head unit volume up it doesn't seem to distort (I thought this may be because my ipod does not have a high enough voltage or something), I don't turn the head unit quite all the way up though because I have the rear speakers running off of it with no amp and they distort. All of the bass boosters are off from the head unit and the amp I don't understand what I can tune differently about it I thought the gain was to adjust that amp according to the rest of the speakers playing. I have considered building a new box but its extremely difficult to build a ported box to fit behind the regular cab seat and I felt that I did the best I could do for awhile, I built a sealed box the first time and wanted more so I built the ported one I have now. If you guys think that will make a big enough difference then I might have to try that but I wasn't sure what my weakest link was through the system.

Watch the bass are you saying I should build another box because mine is throwing the sub out of spec? Sorry I did not really understand your post. And I do like the sub it does very well with rap and that kindof music I just have been listening to other kinds lately and want to find out how to get better SQ.

Oh and Mha the hifonics speakers have really surprised me being that they are so cheap. An amp is a must and they have very little bass but if you have a HPF then they seem really clean when they get loud.

Again sorry for the long post but you guys are great 13 replies in one day lol thanks everybody!

I want to say, that it could be that your prefab box is not close enough to the specs of your sub. And that you can have alot of success, if you build box threw the specs of your sub.

And there a vew of subboxconstruction what you can build bandpass 4th order or 6th order and so on. Some of those constructions are known for better SQ, but for this you have to ask,

that idk what directly best/better box for SQ or SQL.

And its cheaper to build a box, than to buy a new sub. Think for a single 15 you have to pay 60 $ + your work.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

The hifi series from hifonics doesnt do rated... so you might have a little more success with a better amp. If you wanna keep it hifonics the brutus series at least does rated and has had great reviews at a relatively great price

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Watch the bass I understand what you are saying now and you're probably right about the box not being exact. I looked into the bandpass enclosures when I decided to build another box but decided that it was in no way feasible with the area that I have to work with because I would like to have the passenger seat go all the way back (it does right now) and have the drivers seat go partway back a little past where it was comfortable for when somebody else drives it. Looks like I will be designing a new box and I will have to try the aeroports this time they look like they will make it a lot easier. Can you give me any recommendations about the box size and what you guys think the tuning frequency should be at? I will consider doing a new amp though to because that seems like it is more needed then a sub, when I bought it I was looking for the best bang for your buck on a cheap budget.

Also has anybody had any experience with Directed amps? I am looking at a used one for $230 its a Directed 1100D.