This might be a dumb question, but would 4 SA8's = the performance of like 2 16's?

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

The next step is to get the Alpha installed and get the AQ-90x4 bought and installed. I talked with Trent and I've decided to seal the box firing into the cabin. I turned it around the other night and I was floored at how much louder it was. Hoping I get enough money or a good start on the money I need for that AQ for my highs for my birthday (next Saturday). Once I get that amp I we can really figure out whats going on. Prolly still going to mount it in the other wall. We had talked about moving them both to the back wall in the trunk since we are spinning the box around, but probably won't go that route because of the amount of vibrations and that might kill the amps.

nice....now get the box covered

It's not getting covered jeff

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been awhile so here's a small update....

I won the trunk pack of Alpha which I posted, but I have yet to get it installed. Friday I am planning on attacking the trunk and rear speaker deck with both spray foam and Alpha. The main hold up with the Alpha was the lack of a heat gun and it being 50 outside. Stuff is as stiff as a board. I now have a heat gun so I can start on getting this stuff installed.

I also have been talking to Trent and Jeff and they talked me into switching from 6x9s to 6.5s, at least in the rear. I found a guy selling a set of 6.5 Inifinity Reference two ways which are similar to the 6x9 door speakers I have currently and love them. So I bought those off of that guy for $34 shipped and then ordered a set of adapter plates for them. Neither of those will be here by Friday unfortunately, but that will give me enough time to get everything Alpha'd and foamed and ready for the speaker install.

Well I got some of the alpha installed today. Didn't get it installed on the deck lid yet because I ran out of spray foam. Gonna pick up a couple more cans tonight so I can try and get the deck filled up. I did get some pictures of the install but my dumbass didnt get one of the final install. I will be sure to get one when i take everything back apart to install my 6.5s when i get them next week. The Alpha is a son of a bitch to work with but it makes a ton of difference. Stuff is stupid thick compared to the FatMat i was running before.

Archived