CJs F150- 8/10..1 9k??? Nope....2!!!!

I will be leaving for spring training in 2 weeks, so the truck is done for now, but I have big plans for upgrades in the fall.

Swapping the 12k for 4 3.5ks,

adding 2-3 more sets of 7" AA mids,

adding 1 set of 8" midbass to handle 100hz and up,

adding the RF 3sixty.3,

adding a third 175.4,

adding 2 8" subs for 55-100hz.

adding 1 2k,

adding more batteries.

Building a new center console to house the 8" midbass, 3 4 channels, 1 2k, Ipad, and a few 12v batteries.

I think that is about it for the upgrades I have planned.

Cody...the pods look amazing. Is that the low temp plastic I have heard people talking about? Where do you get that from, mobile solutions?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Yep got it from mobile solutions. It really easy to use and makes for a very clean look.

Just to put a feeler out there, I am considering the option of going back to a 12v setup, I have 10 D1400 14v batteries that I would need to sell if anyone is interested let me know.

what would be the difference between the 12v and 14v (and don't say 2 volts damn it!) But why would you go down in volts if you're adding more stuff? Serious question, I just don't know or understand it.

Also, you don't have an avatar picture either. Is that cause of the new upgrade? A lot of people don't seem to have them anymore.

Pods look really clean! Congrats!

Also good luck at S.T. Stay healthy and hit em hard! I personally cannot WAIT till baseball season! I'm really excited about my Giants season this year! I like they way they look right now! Mainly the starting rotation, but all around I think they look good! Ok sorry back to the build thread!

what would be the difference between the 12v and 14v (and don't say 2 volts damn it!) But why would you go down in volts if you're adding more stuff? Serious question, I just don't know or understand it.

Also, you don't have an avatar picture either. Is that cause of the new upgrade? A lot of people don't seem to have them anymore.

Also good luck at S.T. Stay healthy and hit em hard! I personally cannot WAIT till baseball season! I'm really excited about my Giants season this year! I like they way they look right now! Mainly the starting rotation, but all around I think they look good! Ok sorry back to the build thread!

I would go for the XP3000s and drop to the 12v for the huge reserve capacity that they have vs the smaller reserve of the D1400s. I dont have any voltage drop with my engine revved, but I want to be able to play full tilt at idle and my voltage stay solid. I have 10 D1400s now, which ran me about $2000, and am looking at needing to add another $1000 to get where I want to be. With the group buy coming up, the XP 3000s will be $270ish shipped and I can easily get away with 6-8 of those and not have to drop another $1000 on batteries.

The Giants have a very good team. It sucked what happened to Buster early last season, but that is the nature of the game.

I will be leaving for spring training in 2 weeks, so the truck is done for now, but I have big plans for upgrades in the fall.

Swapping the 12k for 4 3.5ks,

adding 2-3 more sets of 7" AA mids,

adding 1 set of 8" midbass to handle 100hz and up,

adding the RF 3sixty.3,

adding a third 175.4,

adding 2 8" subs for 55-100hz.

adding 1 2k,

adding more batteries.

Building a new center console to house the 8" midbass, 3 4 channels, 1 2k, Ipad, and a few 12v batteries.

I think that is about it for the upgrades I have planned.

Ok sir.. You couldnt wait could you..lol had to spill it.. :D

Jay :drinks:

amazing work with everything. it's crazy how often you change stuff in your truck lol.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

I would go for the XP3000s and drop to the 12v for the huge reserve capacity that they have vs the smaller reserve of the D1400s. I dont have any voltage drop with my engine revved, but I want to be able to play full tilt at idle and my voltage stay solid. I have 10 D1400s now, which ran me about $2000, and am looking at needing to add another $1000 to get where I want to be. With the group buy coming up, the XP 3000s will be $270ish shipped and I can easily get away with 6-8 of those and not have to drop another $1000 on batteries.

The Giants have a very good team. It sucked what happened to Buster early last season, but that is the nature of the game.

Ok well that sort of makes sense, on the fly anyway. I'll re read it when I have some more time. I'm sure I'll get it. Does that mean I should go with an XS instead of the D3100 for my set up they suggested? They suggested a D5100 for the front, and a D3100 for the rear. 4000 Watts potentially going in.

Ya it is the nature of the game, and I used to catch, wish I still did, but I've watched that replay about 100 times, and he didn't need to run him over. He tucked his shoulder way before the ball was there, and he had plenty of room for a hook slide or a head first wrap around slide. That throw was late and the run most likely would've scored anyway with a slide. That's, I'm pretty sure, why everyone was so outraged by it. I know it's the "franchise" and all (Buster) but I don't know if that was more the reason than the action in and of itself. We don't need to get into it, I'm sure it's been debated about a million times, and I'm sure you've talked about it with your teammates etc, that's just my take on it.

Damn man, I don't know if I can go all spring/summer till the new build. I'm gonna have to try and keep myself occupied!

Archived